What's new

Middle of the woods hunt

crabstang44

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2016
Messages
885
Reaction score
5,002
Golden Thread
2
Location
eastern nc
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Makro racer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
15 flat buttons, matron head large cent, looks like 1817, spicket for barrel and lock plate
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    91 KB · Views: 151
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 27
Looks like you had a very fun hunt. Lots of old targets also
 
I love " Middle of the woods hunts" You never know what you're going to find. Great job!
 
It's funny where things show up without rhyme or reason. Perhaps a young fellow got "the boys" together some 200 years ago and brought a keg of ale. Rowdiness ensued and some buttons popped off. Guess we'll never know...

Congrats on those great finds
 
Did you narrow down the spot or just pound it hard?

I am wondering if you were able to narrow your search down or just swing the coil thousands of times finding all that awesome stuff! Like using a Long range detector first? Just wondering,
Treasures Down Under
 
Nice finds, good work!
 
Did you narrow down the spot or just pound it hard?

I am wondering if you were able to narrow your search down or just swing the coil thousands of times finding all that awesome stuff! Like using a Long range detector first? Just wondering,<br>Treasures Down Under
 
Very nice relic hunt with a nice large thrown in for fun, Congratualtions! :occasion14:
 
I am wondering if you were able to narrow your search down or just swing the coil thousands of times finding all that awesome stuff! Like using a Long range detector first? Just wondering,<br>Treasures Down Under

there were union soldiers camped in these woods and i found a hot spot all these items were close together
 
Some killer stuff man. Hang on to that spot.
 
saaaweeeet--- now that had to be fun... I found 1 and I was happy--- you got the mine lol
 
the large cent turned out to be 1837
 
Looks like you have found a very good, old site-hit it hard!
 
Very well done. Good to see the old stuff coming out of NC.

best of luck to you!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom