• cibola.jpg
    cibola.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 1,622
  • cibola1.jpg
    cibola1.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1,624

chkn

Apr 12, 2010
Don't you dare try and get in there, people get killed in that place all the time doing stuff like that. You should read that book "Death in the Grand Canyon" if you haven't already.

OP
OP
dtpost

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gemee said:
Ok,....how on earth would anyone be able to reach these spots???
Repelling down the walls, but like chkn said people die all the time trying that. The only way you can get into the canyon is with an expedition paid for by the federal government............

S

stefen

dtpost said:
gemee said:
Ok,....how on earth would anyone be able to reach these spots???
Repelling down the walls, but like chkn said people die all the time trying that. The only way you can get into the canyon is with an expedition paid for by the federal government............

The canyon trails are open to anyone wanting to hike...no entrance fee...

Also open for horseback riders...private concession

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went there a lot when I worked in the La sal mountains in Utah . And I can tell you that there are whole areas that are closed off by the parks that you cannot go into. You can not even get a permit to go in. We tried.
We found places that you could see carving in the stone walls and what looked like stairs . Took photos with a long lens and showed the Park office, we were told not to go into the area or we would be picked up on the spot.
I know that most do not hear of this or that they have these places . But they do and if you go you will find out.

We could not get anyone to answer why it was restricted , our company's Law firm was asked to find out and they could not
find out either.
Are there areas were you can go in, yes . A lot of them. But when you start trying to go in to some of the North wall areas or some of the off shoot canyons you can not. If you go to the park check in to the main office and they will tell you and give you a map that is marked where you can go and not go.

Strange I know and to this day I would like to have an answer as to why those places are closed to the public.

WilliamBoyd

Sep 22, 2007
California
I took this picture several years ago during a low snowfall year of Mt. Sill,
located near the Palisade Glacier in California's Sierra Nevada mountain range.

post_sierrapics_mtsill_round.jpg

Recently there was a lot of publicity about the "Iceman", the body of a 1942
Army Air Force crewman which was found near Mt. Mendel, not far from Mt. Sill.

The Mt. Sill picture shows a large round object which could be some kind of aircraft,
buried in the glacial ice for many years.

But who or what flies round aircraft?

:)

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know not to hike there in the winter in cowboy boots! Took a long slide to the edge of a switch back trail once. Scary stuff, I was young and stupid.

Brian

riverrunner814

Feb 14, 2009
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Just lookigs at some of the pictures could they be Gov't munition stashes or worse old 70s silos. In the mil I have been to some. As they are dangerous because of the age.

riverrunner814

Feb 14, 2009
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
That other round in the MTN looks like a hatch for silo They were concealded well. In those days they concealed them well. Just my opinion Again

OP
OP
dtpost

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
savant365 said:
Here is an interesting article from 1909 that ran in the Phoenix Gazette

http://www.homehighlight.org/entert...n/nature/the-grand-canyon-s-grand-secret.html
Wow that was a great story, and one wonders what might be in that cave system. Also if you look at some of the local land features you can tell that it looks like there is more rock dumpings around certain places than others. 1930 huh what is it that they say if you are looking into something the Government has deamed classified it will be 75 years before you came have it opened.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
As the WW1 infantry men use to say about the WW1 fighter pilots,"its a long way down and you only fall once.... :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread