What's new

Miitary Medal found along ocean

oldbattleaxe

Sr. Member
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
449
Reaction score
340
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Technetics
Ok forum experts. Another item I cannot id. What was this medal for? It measures 1 5/8" and is brass. Thank you
 

Attachments

  • DSC03510.webp
    DSC03510.webp
    562.6 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC03511.webp
    DSC03511.webp
    477.9 KB · Views: 139
First, its not military. I'm not sure exactly what it would be. At first I agreed that it was probably a cremation tag, but it kinda looks like silver and it looks like its been worn on a necklace for a long time.
 
Upvote 0
SOLVED! by Red Coat. Dog tag, who would of thought.
 
Upvote 0
That is what an eBay seller had come up with. Not quite sure that it is a dog tag? At least not a canine tag. I need more ideas.
 
Upvote 0
Same on both sides?
 
Upvote 0
Another one here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254448045718

I believe these are generic tags that could be used for a multiplicity of identification purposes and that the 'M' logo represents the company that makes them (as unstamped blanks). Note that the format of the number is different on this one (seems to be three pairs of digits) and that a different typeface punch was used.

One thing for sure is that they aren't military medals.
 
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
nice! could it be a combination number, ... MasterLock?
 
Upvote 0
I’d think it was a retail store charge token fob, similar to these: 5B2C1000-FD21-41E2-B7C7-D0966EE4CC88.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom