What's new

Military Badge?

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
2,523
Reaction score
1,396
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this piece on a site that dates to at least the 1870's. Possible military activity in the area, both Civil War and Revolutionary. Appears to have the image of a soldier stamped on it - any ideas as to what it is, date? Thanks.

fob mdlbrk.webp fob mdlbrk2.webp
 
Upvote 10
Not a badge, looks like a watch fob. Don't know what it depicts, but its a nice find. Watch fobs are always nice.............Rich
 
Not a badge, looks like a watch fob. Don't know what it depicts, but its a nice find. Watch fobs are always nice.............Rich

Yes, I was thinking watch FOB too, but the image got me considering military. Thanks for the input.
 
Mercury - winged helmet?
 
I definitely see a Mercury watch fob. That is very sweet!
 
Nice digs . Thanks for sharing the story and the pictures with us
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom