What's new

Military Button ID

ClutchCargo69

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2007
Messages
25
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Hello everyone, I found this really worn two piece button. It has the long neck eagle, circa 1820 - 1830. In the middle of the Eagle is a shield with the letter "A", which I believe is Artillery. The Eagle is holding some arrows. The back I believe says Young & Smith New York.
Can anyone tell me if this is a pre civil war militia artillery button. Unfortunately, the button is so worn that I can't really get any detail in the picture.

Your thoughts are appreciated...Clutch
 

Attachments

  • Military Button.webp
    Military Button.webp
    72.7 KB · Views: 252
YOUNG SMITH & CO. 1830-1858

I have no idea if that's the same company.


Sound like you have an US Army (eagle) artillery button.

Do you have any picures that are clearer?
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
12
Views
1K
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Pre civil war?
Replies
6
Views
565
Replies
15
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom