What's new

Military buttons help

Wild Colonial Boy

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2013
Messages
612
Reaction score
880
Golden Thread
0
Location
the nearest ditch
Detector(s) used
equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend bought this box of buttons in flea market CT
Not sure if genuine or reinactment??

D0D7EB9E-5898-4DCE-8483-168DBC79462D.webpC99EFC49-EBF6-436D-89BB-B5C5BFD94DC8.webpE3837432-12CD-4066-BC65-3DC13FD4095D.webp
 
I believe a lot to be modern blazer buttons but I do see a few great seal buttons which were WW1 and WW2
 
Upvote 0
Thank you

I will send better pictures

not sure what the extra plate and keyring loop is on the back of some
 
Upvote 0
Instead of being sewn on the button shank was inserted through the material and backer plate. Then the wire loop held everything in place. Please get better pictures of the buttons with backmarks. Great seal buttons came out in 1901 and are still in use.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom