Military Court Martials or Trials

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know how to obtain "Military Court Martial Records" or "Military Trials" in general. Where are these records kept? I was seeking a "Military Court Record" from the Civil War" I had the historian check all of their court records. She even when into the Court basement and checked the records there. Nothing? Are these records kept at the National Archives or at the Pentagon? Where can I find them?

MidMoTreasure

Jul 2, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Super Sluice, Banjo Pan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they exist, then they will be in the national archives. https://catalog.archives.gov/id/301659

You may also check the provost marshal records for that state. The provost marshal was akin to the head of military police and may have made a record of the event leading to or resulting in the court martial proceeding.

CT1976

Dec 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Official Records of the War of the Rebellion" is a great source, but I'd see if a state military history museum or military historian that you trust can point the way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions