time4me
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Aug 30, 2005
- Messages
- 1,296
- Reaction score
- 44
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
I found this big letter "C" pin in the front yard of my wife's parents back in Michigan many years ago. I never thought much of it, and actually misplaced it for a couple of years, but found it again a few weeks ago.
I was recently looking through a Civil War relics / collectibles book, and saw many large capital letters like this that were hat pins. Could this be a Civil War (or other era) military hat pin? Is it possible to pinpoint the period this pin is from?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.


I was recently looking through a Civil War relics / collectibles book, and saw many large capital letters like this that were hat pins. Could this be a Civil War (or other era) military hat pin? Is it possible to pinpoint the period this pin is from?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.


I would say it's just a modern letter from something like an apartment building such as.... Apt. 10C






