MINELAB 600 VS 800

Mitchmann

Apr 4, 2022
HI,Newbie here. been doing a lot of research and talking. I am getting mixed results.
I will be detecting in southern colorado/colorado area. I do know some of the FUNCTION differences between the 600 and 800. but what is the main definition of the gold prospect feature? Why couldn't the 600 do that? as for stream/river gold or some rock area's? FYI: I will not be just gold detecting,Mostly all around(coins,relics,jewelry,etc...) I am just wondering if : when I head into the mountains and want to detect in some rivers and streams would I need the 800? or would I be fine with the 600?
Thanks!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They both function the same when you have them in multi freq.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really do not think either the 600 or 800 is going to do a very good job finding tiny river nuggets....but you'd have a better chance with the 800, in the Gold Mode / Program..... the higher frequencies are running "stronger" than the lower frequencies when running in multi frequency ....but even at 40 Khz it'll be tough finding tiny gold....I'd think 70 kHz or higher would yield better results.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread