Minelab 900

Joe77

Jan 24, 2022
I’ve been enjoying my 900 a really great detector from what I’ve seen on YouTube it’s really under rated people seem to be focusing on the manticore but other than the screen which is only effective up to about 6 inches it seems the 900 is the better choice doesn’t have the problems the manticore has I’m totally impressed with my 900 also it comes with the 6 inch coil it’s deadly with that little coil

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
People familiar with the 800 have said that the 900 is a big improvement. The 800 has been wildly popular and a game-changer for effective SMF and iron unmasking. I'll take the improvement on that success any day and wait for the problems with the Manticore to get ironed out. For me, it came down to do I want a graph, different audio, and an unproven detector for $500 more, or a proven detector that's better that the previous model and 6 coils available.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received the 900 today, you two fella's do encourage me, charging it up, will stick with factory pre-sets except will go all tones, (Liked the full tones thing with the Safari and 800) want to try the (dP) depth tone, and easy to adj. target recovery speed. Just need to lay out some targets to see where they fall. Example the 800 on a nickel 13, on the 900, I understand from users at 25 to 30? We'll see.

+

OP
OP
J

Joe77

Jan 24, 2022
Received the 900 today, you two fella's do encourage me, charging it up, will stick with factory pre-sets except will go all tones, (Liked the full tones thing with the Safari and 800) want to try the (dP) depth tone, and easy to adj. target recovery speed. Just need to lay out some targets to see where they fall. Example the 800 on a nickel 13, on the 900, I understand from users at 25 to 30? We'll see.

25 thu 29 I’ve found nickels buffalos seem to hit at 25 a lot of the time

+

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a 900 and then a manticore. I really am liking the 900 more. I think the manticore is too hot for it's own good and the ferrous limits didn't seem to be as much advantage as I'd hoped. The 2D thing did occasionally provide some useful dual target picture info, but not very often in the wild. Both got me silvers and Indians right off the get go, in parks where those are very rare these days. On deep masked test targets, the 900 actually sorted things out more clearly, kinda like the manticore excited the iron bits too much to see through to the coins. 900 is definitely worth upgrading from the 800's.

log2lumber

May 8, 2015
Detroit, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 2 with carbon fiber shaft and upgrades
Minelab Vanquish 540(won it!)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People familiar with the 800 have said that the 900 is a big improvement. The 800 has been wildly popular and a game-changer for effective SMF and iron unmasking. I'll take the improvement on that success any day and wait for the problems with the Manticore to get ironed out. For me, it came down to do I want a graph, different audio, and an unproven detector for $500 more, or a proven detector that's better that the previous model and 6 coils available.
I see you have the Legend and 900. I am looking to get one of them. What is your opinion? I hunt parks, fresh and saltwater beaches. Current arsenal is an AT-Pro and Excal2.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I see you have the Legend and 900. I am looking to get one of them. What is your opinion? I hunt parks, fresh and saltwater beaches. Current arsenal is an AT-Pro and Excal2.
The Legend and the EQ900 are about the same, but both have their strengths and weaknesses. I think that the Legend is better in iron, and the 900 is better on deeper targets. I've had the Legend for a year and the 900 for only 3 months, so I need at least another 6 months with the 900 to be fair.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread