MINELAB AND WESTERN & EASTERN MAG.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Perhaps they have enough business now, and feel that word-of-mouth (and internet exposure) is sufficient advertising ? This trend has increased over the last decade or two , of the internet: Where old-days business advertisements of the yellow pages and trade magazines is no longer a "must". So some businesses no longer spend $$ on paper and ink costs (magazines) of advertising. But ... I dunno.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Perhaps they have enough business now, and feel that word-of-mouth (and internet exposure) is sufficient advertising ? This trend has increased over the last decade or two , of the internet: Where old-days business advertisements of the yellow pages and trade magazines is no longer a "must". So some businesses no longer spend $$ on paper and ink costs (magazines) of advertising. But ... I dunno.

I agree Tom, As small business owners of 14 years, we took our add out of the yellow pages 5 years ago, no print adds..........all social media and word of mouth. The internet has changed the we spend our advertising dollars, for sure.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I agree Tom, As small business owners of 14 years, we took our add out of the yellow pages 5 years ago, no print adds..........all social media and word of mouth. The internet has changed the we spend our advertising dollars, for sure.

My business too. We spend zero on advertising today. All word of mouth. And it's all the work we care to do (with our present equipment and employee staffing level). So too, if a metal detector company is "at peak output" for their current factory levels, employee levels, etc.... then perhaps it dawned on them one day: Why spend ?? on advertising ?

I bought my very first Minelab (an excal) d/t the magazine advertisements. The notion of a machine that can discriminate WHILE being waterproof was intriguing. At the time, all the waterproof machines tended to be pulse machines. But now , all these years later, Minelabs are so popular, that word-of-mouth between hobbyists is probably getting the brand lots of exposure for purposes of sales.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does the magazine have more than 2,000 subscribers? I personally don't know anyone that reads it. I never have. :skullflag:

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I enjoy their magazines as well as lost treasure, but you can find information for free for the most part on just about any topic on forums such as this. I tend to read the forums now and have learned just as much if not more from them.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Does the magazine have more than 2,000 subscribers? I personally don't know anyone that reads it. I never have. :skullflag:
Terry they do have Tesoro adds in the mag. And you do not have to read it you just can look at the pictures........................... DSCN0810.JPG

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I enjoy their magazines as well as lost treasure, but you can find information for free for the most part on just about any topic on forums such as this. I tend to read the forums now and have learned just as much if not more from them....

Ah yes, this is the plight of all such printed periodicals and books nowadays. In the era of the internet, everyone does their reading, reference look ups, etc... on-line. Less & less people are buying books or magazines nowadays.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread