What's new

Minelab closing dealerships?

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2003
Messages
1,771
Reaction score
610
Golden Thread
1
Location
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was talking with a friend who "knows people" in detector dealer circles.
He told me today that Minelab has pulled many of their dealers dealerships (ie: closed them down), sending them a formal letter recently. He confirmed this with a friend of his who had been with Minelab for 20 yrs and had his dealership closed down.
Apparently (according to my friend), they have been lacking on the quality recently and the newer models of the machines that are out there are only "color changes" with no significant
electronics updates.
Is minelab going down the tubes?

Anyone hear anymore than I have? Naturally these are only rumors, but I do trust my friend and his sources.
 
coinshooter said:
Apparently (according to my friend), they have been lacking on the quality recently and the newer models of the machines that are out there are only "color changes" with no significant
electronics updates.


I have heard about the dealers and have to assume they're eliminating the ones who aren't moving any detectors. Not sure what their thinking is, but cutting it down the the larger ones who move more units will probably be better for the customer because they'll more likely have stock and not need a drop shipment. That's of course once Minelab gets the who shortage thing figured out.

As for what I quoted above.... He's just figuring that out now! :-X
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom