What's new

Minelab E-Trac or Fisher F75 LTD?

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
1,611
Reaction score
407
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I am looking at getting a new detector. I have an F75 now. Would u get the new Fisher F75 LTD in black or a Minelab Etrac?
 
I've got the F-75 and the E-trac. Prefer the Fisher. Same depth and much less fussy to use.

In my estimation the E-trac is grossly overrated. Not a bad machine but no better than others already out there.

OT
 
my buddy has both and he feels just the opposite he preferes the etrac over the fisher. I think you will get a toss up on opinions
 
Goes4ever said:
my buddy has both and he feels just the opposite he preferes the etrac over the fisher. I think you will get a toss up on opinions

No doubt about this. I tend to believe your friend in his area. I have no mineral problems where I live. Trash is not even that bad in parks. I bought too much gun in the E-trac for where I hunt. It is a good machine, just not needed for what I hunt in.

I like Minelab stuff in general.

OT
 
Go with Whites V3i.
 
If you want to go on the wet beach for rings then go Minelab but the Explorer II if fitted with a SEF coil has the edge over the E-Trac on wet or dry for me. E-Trac is easier to use if you haven't had an Explorer in the past and you won't have the repair worries of an older detector.

Sticking to land I would go Fisher or T2.

Check whats being used, or should I say used successfully in your area. Ground conditions can make a good machine average.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom