Minelab E-Trac or Fisher F75 LTD?

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
I've got the F-75 and the E-trac. Prefer the Fisher. Same depth and much less fussy to use.

In my estimation the E-trac is grossly overrated. Not a bad machine but no better than others already out there.

OT

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my buddy has both and he feels just the opposite he preferes the etrac over the fisher. I think you will get a toss up on opinions

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Goes4ever said:
my buddy has both and he feels just the opposite he preferes the etrac over the fisher. I think you will get a toss up on opinions

No doubt about this. I tend to believe your friend in his area. I have no mineral problems where I live. Trash is not even that bad in parks. I bought too much gun in the E-trac for where I hunt. It is a good machine, just not needed for what I hunt in.

I like Minelab stuff in general.

OT

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to go on the wet beach for rings then go Minelab but the Explorer II if fitted with a SEF coil has the edge over the E-Trac on wet or dry for me. E-Trac is easier to use if you haven't had an Explorer in the past and you won't have the repair worries of an older detector.

Sticking to land I would go Fisher or T2.

Check whats being used, or should I say used successfully in your area. Ground conditions can make a good machine average.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread