OP
OP
G

Gee-Gee

Greenie
Sep 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is a good saltwater beach setting for using the Minelab Equinox 800 metal detector?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from HELP! over to BRANDs > MINELAB for more exposure.

Hddeuce03

Jul 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Factory settings are great...the Minelab engineers knew what they were doing when programming them. For the dry sand, use Beach 1. For the wet sand in in the water, use beach 2. Good luck!

Robinb

Feb 10, 2016
In the sun
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 and
Excalibur II with 15" NEL coil
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
if doing wet sand/ in water expect detector to overload a lot.
i have tried turning down sensitivity but this does not help.

only way to clear it is to lift coil out of water for about 30 seconds.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like Park 1 for dry sand. I seem to get a bit more depth and stability with it. Beach 2 for wet sand and water. In both modes, I run the Sensitivity up as high as I can, but, still keep it stable. This translates on my beaches to 20-22 on average. I run 50 tones, Horseshoe on so I can hear the low iron grunts, Iron Bias on F2 @ setting 6 for bottlecap identification, and I'll vary the recovery speed depending on how target rich the area is or if I need a bit more depth. In the water, you tend to need a slightly faster recovery speed to keep the chatter down. Dig everything that isn't a dead nuts iron sound. I've found some amazing jewelry that read 1 and 2, so, I'll even dig targets that dip slightly into the iron range if they also have some non-ferrous tones mixed in. You'll get fooled by some deep rusty iron from time to time.....the price you pay to the detecting gods!

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definite dig anything 1+ in wet sand! Great machine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread