What's new

Minelab excalibur 11, down..

Bahama Jim

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2013
Messages
21
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
minelab Excaliber
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using my Excalibur for about ten years, never had a problem. Last time I went wet, it would not work. I had to send it back for repairs, it had a leak and the unit was toast.

I have always left my unit together on the metal rail, it was a problem in the aircraft and with all my other stuff. I think it must have got a hard bump and a seal failed. Anyway, back to shop, they were very helpful and sold me a new unit and I am ready again. Now I keep my unit in a padded insulated bag apart from the rail. The main unit is better protected and easier to carry, I just take the rail separate.

I don't know how most of you carry your units, but most do not like to be thrown around.

Learned the hard and expensive way, I still like my Excalibur...
 
Your right, great detector but you need to take care of it, dont just toss in trunk or truck bed, bump the knobs too hard from side you will crack the collars around the knob pots.

Also very important to wash the salt residue off the cables in hot water, mine takes shower with me on return. Need to also treat the cables with vegetable base silicone, silicone is a natural UV inhibitor.
 
Last edited:
What did you do with the broken detector?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom