IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold my Explorer II with Sunray Probe. Looking for new one, preferably with Sunray Probe. Thank you!

Bob,why did you sell the first one? Just curious...

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how you are going to find a new one since it was discontinued several years ago but I see good condition ones come up. I think you may find a new Exolorer SE Pro a lot easier.

OP
OP
B

Bob Mack

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2013, the 1st year we moved Florida was tough, plus I was afraid all the sand and humidity would ruin it. Things got much better, plus on top of all that, we moved back to Pa to start our daughter in college (she is having medical issues, and needs us now). We hope to buy another house down there someday... That Explorer was an amazing machine; I could not conceive anything doing a better job than it could. The multiple sounds told me what I was digging; spot on for quarters, dimes, and some of the bigger gold rings. Plus, the probe was like a miniature explorer you could probe at different angles in a small, non-invasive hole; something the coils will never be able to do, in my opinion. Being I've been away from detector buying for a while, is there anything out there that can equal my Explorer II, with probe? I know it had its limitations, but it was an amazing machine!!!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just sold an SE Pro and a probe separately. I think you would love it if you liked the ll. You can expect to pay $225-$300 for the probe alone. They have held their original or even greater value than their new costs since they have been discontinued.
The Etrac would be even better since they straightened up the conductivity line. I had a hard time going from Etrac/CTX smart screen back down to the explorers numbers.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold my Explorer II with Sunray Probe. Looking for new one, preferably with Sunray Probe. Thank you!

Good luck finding a new one, they havent been made in years. I would be reluctant to buy any except the SE Pro since it is the only one supported by Minelab. They still work on the older explorer but if it comes down to a motherboard issue that can't be isolated and repaired there are no spare motherboards available for Exp II... If you find one you can use the fact they aren't supported to negotiate a deal...

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's one for sale with probe in classifieds.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Better hurry. You only have until tomorrow night.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread