Minelab Explorer SE

keithinvestigations

Mar 21, 2007
Ellisville, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LE
You guys at the beach have it made. Soft sand, nice view, lots of gold and you don't have to fill holes! I love the beach it makes detecting soo much easier and fun. Around South MS when it doesn't rain for a while, the ground is as hard as concrete. Most of the time, I use a shovel. I've also found that I can only hunt for a few hours at a time. Not necessarily because of my back but just concentration in general. After a few hours, I find myself starting to lose concentration and with a machine like the SE I've learned that you must pay attention. If I start getting mentally tired, I try to just hang it up for the day. I never realized until I got the SE how mentally demanding hunting can be or maybe I'm just low on brain power. :o

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
No, I have noticed that myself. I start out great guns but after several hours I start to get tired and then I get sloppy. I will stop digging small change and just go for the quarters. I know that by doing that I am missing some good finds but that is the way it is. I will return and re hunt the area again when I am fresh. That way I get many hours of detecting the same place and continue to find the things I missed. Today I went back to a football field that I have been working for weeks and started about 100 yards from where I finished up last time. I only had about an hour but I managed to pull $5.65 from where I had covered before. When you get tired you get sloppy and then you miss targets .02

keithinvestigations

Mar 21, 2007
Ellisville, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LE
Whew, that makes me feel better. I never knew MD took so many skills until I started. I enjoy it a lot. When I can't go to any good sites (like today had to take care of my one and three year old) I piddle around in the yard. My yard was forest before I built my house but it is really fun even to find old shell casings, shot gun primers and lead rounds. My land was part of a big hunting track. Maybe one day I'll find the mother load on my own land! That would be funny.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread