Minelab Explorer SE

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
will let you know, just got mine today 9/22/06 hope to get out in the morning if not raining

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,445
M

MaineMartialArt

Any updates? I'm trying to decide between Minelab Explorer or Garrett GTI or GTP.

Silverfox

Oct 18, 2006
Iowa
Hi all,
I got mine two weeks ago and really like the easy learning curve not like I heard it would be. It helped watching every Explorer DVD made by Brian & Patrick in Ireland & Tennessee.
I took every coin type (US) ever made and learned them in the system and saved it, so I have a true coins program for those heavy trash, only have an hour to scan days. I only hope that the coins will show up the same when their scanned in the ground. I mastered my Whites 6000 DI 3 and then bought the XLT and the Garrett 2500 and now the Explorer SE and I will probably put most of my time into mastering the Explorer and let my friends use the others. I bought a Coiltek coil (Joey 4.5 x 7) for it and really can tell the different in heavy trash areas. Good hunting Explorer SE users.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Howdy everyone! :)
I am thinking in getting an SE and need to know how well i handels moister (rain, mist etc) and heavy mineralisation (lot's of iron)
The garrett gti took approx 2 months to learn, not much! ;D
Thansk for any response.

keithinvestigations

Mar 21, 2007
Ellisville, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LE
Old Abe said:
I bought a Coiltek coil (Joey 4.5 x 7) for it and really can tell the different in heavy trash areas. Good hunting Explorer SE users.

Hey Abe, do you use your 4.5 x 7 coil as your standard coil when searching? I'm not to happy with the large 10.5 stock when it comes to pinpointing.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Just a view from the other side of the fence...having a dfx I have spoke with many explorer users. They like the depth, but have heard a lot of negative feedback on balancing and weight! As well as pinpointing problems...

keithinvestigations

Mar 21, 2007
Ellisville, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LE
DFX-Gregg said:
Just a view from the other side of the fence...having a dfx I have spoke with many explorer users. They like the depth, but have heard a lot of negative feedback on balancing and weight! As well as pinpointing problems...

After 40 hrs of use, I have become much more proficient with pinpointing and overall use of the SE. At first, my back and arms did ache a bit but after a while that quit. If I use any detector for over 3 hrs, my back hurts no matter what weight. I came from a Whites 6000 pro and it was a huge chunk of lead compared to the SE. Everytime I go out with my SE I become a little better. Also, in a great part to this and findmall.com forum. There are sooo many people out their willing to help out. From what I know about the SE, it is a machine that you must conform to not the other way around.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
if the weight does become an issue for you or anyone else you may want to try the swingy thingy. I have heard a lot of explorer users have one because of the weight.

keithinvestigations

Mar 21, 2007
Ellisville, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LE
DFX-Gregg said:
if the weight does become an issue for you or anyone else you may want to try the swingy thingy. I have heard a lot of explorer users have one because of the weight.

I have one. I have found that it's more trouble to take on and off to dig than to take 2 ibuprofen at the end of the day. However, age may change that.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
keithinvestigations said:
DFX-Gregg said:

I have one. I have found that it's more trouble to take on and off to dig than to take 2 ibuprofen at the end of the day. However, age may change that.

I made my own for my dfx ...I leave it on when I dig!

Attachments

• corrected main picture.jpg
    corrected main picture.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 546
  • corrected main picture.jpg
    corrected main picture.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 548

keithinvestigations

Mar 21, 2007
Ellisville, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LE
DFX-Gregg said:
keithinvestigations said:
DFX-Gregg said:

I made my own for my dfx ...I leave it on when I dig!

I heard that, it beats $40 bucks anyday!

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
I have been using one (swingy-thingy) for several months and mine goes on and off in seconds. I mostly use either a WOT or a Sun Ray 12 and I can hunt pretty much all Day. Yesterday i dug $18.25 in clad quarters, 1.10 in dimes 2 nickels and 10 pennies. (6 hours) Am I tired today-you bet but I am 67. As far as I am concerned it is a god send and I even use it when I put on the 8 or 5 inch coil. It just takes some getting used to but once you have put it on and off a couple of dozen times it is pretty easy.02

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an Excal and I have been suing a harness (swingy thing) for about 9 months. I only take mine off when I am done hunting, not sure why your taking yours off to dig each time.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
I was wondering about that too???

keithinvestigations

Mar 21, 2007
Ellisville, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LE
Treasure_Hunter said:
I have an Excal and I have been suing a harness (swingy thing) for about 9 months. I only take mine off when I am done hunting, not sure why your taking yours off to dig each time.

You would understand if you knew how hard the soil and dirt is to dig in where I'm from.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be true, sorry, to be honest I never thought about having to dig where the soil is hard as a rock.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
I do understand because many of those quarters came from an area that once was a foundation for a bleacher. Under the turf was packed shell and that is almost as hard as concrete. My machine just lays to the side as I dig. Now if I had to use a shovel that would probably be a different story and I would have to remove it. I just beat a hole with my screwdriver to loosen it up and then use the digger for the rest. Whatever works. All I know is that without the sling I would not be able to hunt for as long as I do.02

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread