Minelab manticore let the rumors begin

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great another machine, oh a photo, oh multi frequency, the shaft is still poor according to calabash, the Shat isn’t improved folks, major flaw, soap will begin, let me guess 2000.00 bucks. Gee we complained about xpdeus 2 price, I proved my point show me the bannerfinds that jus the price simple folks. U can afford great, I want banner finds then maybe more would by. The legend needs some adjustments, numbers, all over, anyhow. Go ahead start the discussion, no rumors please we have the national inquiry at the grocery store

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It hasn't even been released yet.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the first thing that needs to happen is to decide do we call it a "manti" or a "core"? How about an E-TRAC II? I want my Ferrous and Conductive numbers both displayed!

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I no it hasn’t been released yet, about 2000 dollars gee just a little over priced, and the shaft is not improved either according to calabash.look u can afford go by 5 but until these machines show me some epic finds than it’s not worth it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I no it hasn’t been released yet, about 2000 dollars gee just a little over priced, and the shaft is not improved either according to calabash.look u can afford go by 5 but until these machines show me some epic finds than it’s not worth it.
Your first post stated "no rumors please", yet you are posting rumors as no price has been released on the cost of the detector, only "rumors" of what the cost might be or even how the shaft and or detector performs. If the price is out of someone's budget it is easy to fix, they don't buy it. There are a lot of things I don't buy because the cost is not worth it to me.

Judging from the screen it looks like it is a hybrid of the Equinox and the CTX 3030 with the Ferrous and Conductive numbers both being displayed with TID rather than just TID. Makes sense Minelab would come out with a high-end VLF machine to replace the CTX 3030 which has been out for 10 years now. It also appears there is a different coil/shaft connection from the pictures I have seen.

Only time will tell......

Last edited:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your first post stated "no rumors please", yet you are posting rumors as no price has been released on the cost of the detector, only "rumors" of what the cost might be or even how the shaft and or detector performs. If the price is out of someone's budget it is easy to fix, they don't buy it. There are a lot of things I don't buy because the cost is not worth it to me.

Judging from the screen it looks like it is a hybrid of the Equinox and the CTX 3030 with the Ferrous and Conductive numbers both being displayed with TID rather than just TID. Makes sense Minelab would come out with a high-end VLF machine to replace the CTX 3030 which has been out for 10 years now. It also appears there is a different coil/shaft connection from the pictures I have seen.

Only time will tell......
I SURE am glad your a MOD on here :) You do your JOB WELL !!!!

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This site is becoming much like those folks in dc, no, constructive criticism, years of experience at anything doesn’t make anyone an expert, oh your friend from New York City merril put that price out there. And maybe calabash has been commenting also he’s a very knowledgeable tester, anyhow moderator I think not. U figure most of these topics if eliminated r repeat question etc, so I’m a good guy who invites those to this hobby giving the very tough economic times, I suggest everyone smile, give a hug and handshake and share your experiences life is to short to be one sided, thankyou

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
This site is becoming much like those folks in dc, no, constructive criticism, years of experience at anything doesn’t make anyone an expert, oh your friend from New York City merril put that price out there. And maybe calabash has been commenting also he’s a very knowledgeable tester, anyhow moderator I think not. U figure most of these topics if eliminated r repeat question etc, so I’m a good guy who invites those to this hobby giving the very tough economic times, I suggest everyone smile, give a hug and handshake and share your experiences life is to short to be one sided, thankyou
It's all Greek to me!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You have some valid points-but really what's the point?
Price = quality of finds?
I really think not.
You can put a machine in the hands of anyone, and get a different result from what you experience.
I have to agree with the getting to know the machine in the first place.

I'm not one to run out and to buy the latest phone, or widge,t and that goes for the detectors as well.
Let the "I need that latest greatest" tester detectorists to buy-then to sell them off.

I can't understand the analogy of price of a detector has to equate quality of finds.
Personally I put it as the price equates to the amount of finds.

I don't see banner finds posted up by many folks-quality, neat, cool, rarer, top shelf type recoveries yes.

Been digging in the dirt long enough to know that the machine does make the difference in the amounts of recoveries.

Yes the chevy/ford/chrysler debate still goes on today.
Though the other makes, and models surpassed the big 3 years ago.
Yet folks still buy them just because of the marketing/and loyalty.

Certainly I would love a new tractor-but justification of spending $60K to have one that my 50 yr old one can do as well.
Ok air/heat/sound proofing/lack of getting greasy/smelly is a thought, but so is the $60K

The thing is to enjoy what one has-applaud they other for having-but to knock them to justify because one can't isn't right either.
I always found that a positive attitude towards that view point got me further ahead in life than dishing those that have had better.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
49er, no one said anything about eliminating any posts or threads, you started thread saying "no rumors" then post rumors on price and shaft.

I wasn't attacking you, all I was saying is it is too early to critique something that hasn't even been released. Will I be buying it, odds are high I want be, no need to with the Nox, excals, and CTX 3030s I already own. Just like cars to me, mine is paid for, 16 years old and running like a top, no need to buy new with more bells and whistles when what I have works.

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
49er, no one said anything about eliminating any posts or threads, you started thread saying "no rumors" then post rumors on price and shaft.

I wasn't attacking you, all I was saying is it is too early to critique something that hasn't even been released. Will I be buying it, odds are high I want be, no need to with the Nox, excals, and CTX 3030s I already own. Just like cars to me, mine is paid for, 16 years old and running like a top, no need to buy new with more bells and whistles when what I have works.
If it turns out to be as good as we are hoping then you'll buy one buddy, just like l will.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We talked about this until the end of time, let’s hopefully understand correctly, please it’s not if you can affford any electronic devices, specific metal detectors, people let me ask you im not worried about cosmetics that has nothing to do with performance, since we r talking minelab, it’s obvious the 3030 was overhyped and price, not many r buying these, so now we have a step above the 800 with a dab of ctx 3030. I want to no without any wells , ifs or buts. WHAT JUSTIFIES A PRICE IN A MACHINE, IN THIS CASE WE R TALKING ABOUT FINDS, SO R THESE MACHINES FINDING BETTER, OR BANNER, EPIC FINDS TO JUSTIFY THE COST, VERY SIMPLE QUESTION, IVE YET TO SEE THE WOW FACTOR

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There has to be rules or else this forum would be ONE CONSTANT FIGHT !!!! I am sure you have seen it on other forum ! hOW COULD SOMETHING BE SAID ABOUT A DEVICE WITH THE MANUFACTURE not making any STATEMENT ABOUT SUCH DEVICE not be a rumor ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We talked about this until the end of time, let’s hopefully understand correctly, please it’s not if you can affford any electronic devices, specific metal detectors, people let me ask you im not worried about cosmetics that has nothing to do with performance, since we r talking minelab, it’s obvious the 3030 was overhyped and price, not many r buying these, so now we have a step above the 800 with a dab of ctx 3030. I want to no without any wells , ifs or buts. WHAT JUSTIFIES A PRICE IN A MACHINE, IN THIS CASE WE R TALKING ABOUT FINDS, SO R THESE MACHINES FINDING BETTER, OR BANNER, EPIC FINDS TO JUSTIFY THE COST, VERY SIMPLE QUESTION, IVE YET TO SEE THE WOW FACTOR
49er, did you own a 3030? They are fantastic detectors and with the features it has they were way ahead of anything else that was on the market when it was released in 2012.

Price of new detectors includes the cost of the research and development of the detector, the cost of the new assembly line to manufacture the detector, cost of parts, shipping, and distribution, AND it is a very limited market, not like TVs, Stereos and the thousands of other products every Tom, Dick and Harry buys.

If you produce something it is your right to set the price you want, it is called free interprise, if you price it too high it want sell, if it sales are good it's not priced too high. CTX3030 sold thousands of units so it wasn't priced too high.

How are you going to see finds on a detector that hasn't even been released yet?:dontknow:

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee there you go I don’t own one but my friend does, let’s get to my point you just repeated the same endless nonsense in due respect, u said they r fantastic detectors, way ahead of there time, answer the question nobody said or I said they are garbage, did you just purchase to say I paid a lot or are you going to show us the epic finds or banners finds the xp deus or 800 hasnt found. Why did you buy the machine you must have thought it’s going to produce better finds like most ok, let’s see the finds that warrant such an expensive machine, very simple you sound like the fbi just can’t answer a simple question, so simple sir answer r questions I’m not the only one that feels this way, I go buy 2 so and find same old, elementary my dear Watson answer the question instead of trying to justify a losing proposition, thankyou, oh excuse the minelab rep said themselves 1599.99, according to Merrill nyc he played live video from minelab excuse me 1599.00, go buy 2 maybe they give you a discount and still find similar stuff, good day

Last edited:

Yar

Greenie
Mar 29, 2013
Wellington, Co
Detector(s) used
MXT ALL PRO, Compadre, and Prizm 6t., Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the first thing that needs to happen is to decide do we call it a "manti" or a "core"? How about an E-TRAC II? I want my Ferrous and Conductive numbers both displayed!
Maybe the detector is better than the name

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee there you go I don’t own one but my friend does, let’s get to my point you just repeated the same endless nonsense in due respect, u said they r fantastic detectors, way ahead of there time, answer the question nobody said or I said they are garbage, did you just purchase to say I paid a lot or are you going to show us the epic finds or banners finds the xp deus or 800 hasnt found. Why did you buy the machine you must have thought it’s going to produce better finds like most ok, let’s see the finds that warrant such an expensive machine, very simple you sound like the fbi just can’t answer a simple question, so simple sir answer r questions I’m not the only one that feels this way, I go buy 2 so and find same old, elementary my dear Watson answer the question instead of trying to justify a losing proposition, thankyou, oh excuse the minelab rep said themselves 1599.99, according to Merrill nyc he played live video from minelab excuse me 1599.00, go buy 2 maybe they give you a discount and still find similar stuff, good day
Every time a new detector is released you say the same things..... If you don't want to buy one don't. The price is what it is and they will sell thousands of them.

$1599 minus the 15% military discount means $1360 for veterans.

Last edited:

Robinb

Feb 10, 2016
In the sun
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 and
Excalibur II with 15" NEL coil
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A lot more information was released yesterday.

$1600 in US.
more power than equinox, same as 3030
target trace
lighter than EQ
waterproof to 5M
more frequencies
first batch end of year.
NO GPS

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-28 at 10.29.07.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-28 at 10.29.07.png
    460.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appreciate

Robinb

Feb 10, 2016
In the sun
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 and
Excalibur II with 15" NEL coil
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting