Minelab Price Increase on Sept. 26???

grover868

Greenie
Mar 31, 2011
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer SE Pro, DFX
Could a dealer please verify if what I read on another forum is correct. A dealer posted new prices for some Minelab machines. Most increased while the X-Terra 505 decreased $50 and the Eureka Gold decreased $100.

"Just wanted you all to be aware of the Minelab pricing adjustment that will take effect on Sept. 26th. The following metal detectors will change in price.

Minelab GPX5000 from $5,595.00 to $5,795.00 ($200 increase)
Minelab E-Trac from $1,498.95 to $1,549.00 ($50 increase)
Minelab Excalibur II 1000 from $1,198.95 to $1,349.00 ($150 increase)
Minelab Sovereign GT from $798.95 to $1,049.00 ($250.00 increase)
Minelab Eureka Gold from $998.95 to $899.00 ($100 decrease) :)
Minelab X-Terra 705 from $698.95 to $729.00 ($30 increase)
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold (same as above)
Minelab X-Terra 505 from $598.95 to $549.00 ($50 decrease)"

If this is true, I am in the market for the GPX5000. Chris

MercMan

Sep 15, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II
I have heard that date from 2 dealers. I have not seen a list like yours. Wonder what will happen with the 4800?

I guess I can stop saving for a GPX!!! LOL Hard to hit a moving target. :wink:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Again........... Have there detectors made who knows were........... don't work out of the box............. Not good service.......raise there prices.......... A new approach to marketing there product screw the consumer.............. and the consumer will kiss there butt and keep on buying.................... ??????????????????????????????????????

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is just because the price of gold is rising again where every "Tom, Dick, & Harry" thinks they can get richer by buying a metal detector. The only good that comes of this is those wanting to sell off their older Minelabs can command higher prices on ebay.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman said:
This is just because the price of gold is rising again where every "Tom, Dick, & Harry" thinks they can get richer by buying a metal detector. The only good that comes of this is those wanting to sell off their older Minelabs can command higher prices on ebay.
Sandman ......... The Sovereigns are not selling for a good price on ebay i have been watching them............... If some one gets $400.00 for a Sovereign they are lucky................ Now the Gt will get higher but not much............ The sellers are starting there price to high on the GT and no one is bidding............. Or they have a buy now with a high price and no one will buy a used GT at that price............

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Again........... Have there detectors made who knows were........... don't work out of the box............. Not good service.......raise there prices.......... A new approach to marketing there product screw the consumer.............. and the consumer will kiss there butt and keep on buying.................... ??

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard that date is correct... and maybe its due to the declining value of the dollar? ???

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Mach 1 Pilot said:
I've heard that date is correct... and maybe its due to the declining value of the dollar? ???
Well a Sovereign Elite just sold on ebay for a little over $300.00........ Not much in my book........ And 2 GT's did not sell for the seller's wanted more for them used now than they paid for them new.......... I think some buyers are getting smart and not paying that high price for a used detector..... I think that money is tight now for a lot of people........... Except for the people that have money and don't under stand what it is like in the real world..........

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mach 1 Pilot said:

Could very well be the case. Swiss watch brands, which as many know tend to be all the higher end brands, have had price increases like crazy. Just in the last year some as many as three, and is mostly do to the dollar losing strength against the swiss Franc. If Minelab is based out of Australia it's probably the same situation as the Australian dollar is pretty strong right now. I really have no idea if that's the case but don't expect anything to get cheaper. I'm glad I'm good for both watches and detectors, but who knows what's next and when it will stop.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread