Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
On the Minelab Sovereign i think it has been about 2 years now and you never see it in any of there treasure mags ads. And it is not even in Minelabs flyers they sent to me ?......... My reason for this is that they are going to quit makeing the Sovereign ........OR it is one of there best selling detectors and they do not have to advertise the Sovereign.... I would say it is there best selling detectors i wonder if Minelab would verify that for me that it is there top dog seller...

Attachments

• big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 427
  • bunny-dance.gif
    bunny-dance.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 598
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 397
  • bunny-dance.gif
    bunny-dance.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 553

hawk-run

Feb 24, 2010
I am from Gods Country
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT Garrett ACE 250 & Pro Pointer
You know you are right i have not seen a Sovereign ad by Minelab for a while. I have seen them by Kellyco or a minelab dealer but not by Minelab. I will go with you and say it is ther top dog seller so then no reason to put out money to advertise it.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed the same thing just yesterday while looking through a couple treasure mags at the book store. Weird :icon_scratch:

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
On the Minelab Sovereign i think it has been about 2 years now and you never see it in any of there treasure mags ads. And it is not even in Minelabs flyers they sent to me ?......... My reason for this is that they are going to quit makeing the Sovereign ........OR it is one of there best selling detectors and they do not have to advertise the Sovereign.... I would say it is there best selling detectors i wonder if Minelab would verify that for me that it is there top dog seller...
I called Minelab a week ago for anything they had on the Sov. GT they sent me this including all the brochures for the MD,s they sell now it took 4 days to get in the mail the lady was very nice just call 888-517-2066 Good luck Jim i scanned what they sent me on the GT i did manage to kind of sweet talk the lady into telling me if Minelab was doing anything different with the size of coils on the Excal2 ? all she said was Minelab was very aware of users wanting a larger coil , i said like the 15WOT ? or a 12 inch maybe all she said was its in the works !! hhmm

Attachments

• Sov.GT 1.jpg
    Sov.GT 1.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 488
  • Scan2.jpg
    Scan2.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 450
OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Deepdigger60........ Thanks a lot i appreciate that i will call next week and get some new brochures.. Jim ...AND HERE IS THE SOVEREIGN WIGGLE ..........................................

Attachments

• big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 400
  • wiggle.gif
    wiggle.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 530
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 417
  • wiggle.gif
    wiggle.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 388

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Is a good saying for Minelab's Sovereign GT. I love mine. :thumbsup:

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Is a good saying for Minelab's Sovereign GT. I love mine. :thumbsup:
I figure you mean the Excal 2 ? theres always room for improvement on anything a water proof interchangable coil conection would be nice on all future Excal,s :icon_scratch:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No way Minelab is going to stop selling Sovereigns, way to popular, and it is the best non-waterproofed detector for beach there is in my personal opinion. When I was talking to Trina a weekago she said Minelab was looking into some things, I asked larger coil for Excal and she basically said the same thing she said to you..

hawk-run

Feb 24, 2010
I am from Gods Country
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT Garrett ACE 250 & Pro Pointer
Well if i could change the coil & head phones on the Excalibur like you can on the Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium i would buy one. But i don't want any detector that i can not change the coil & phones so that leaves the Excalibur out for me . I guess i will stay out of the water and be a one detector man with my Sovereign.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hawk-run said:
Well if i could change the coil & head phones on the Excalibur like you can on the Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium i would buy one. But i don't want any detector that i can not change the coil & phones so that leaves the Excalibur out for me . I guess i will stay out of the water and be a one detector man with my Sovereign.

A Excal 1000 with the stock headphones and coil is a fantastic detector as is, to ignore hunting in the water when it is available only because you can't change them yourself is only hurting you.... I found enough gold and diamond rings with my first Excal that was stock, to completely pay for it.

If you have an Excal out of warranty you can change the coil and headphones, but you have to do the mod yourself.....If you search here you will see where my Excal was modded to put the WOT coil on it.....

Here is picture of the splice and connector used to attach the WOT coil to my Excal before it was completely wrapped to secure it. Connector is 100% waterproof.

DSCF2013-1.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread