What's new

Minelab X-Terra 70 Coil Lug Repair. Help!!

LX Kid

Full Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
187
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, M/Lab Xtera-70, B/Hunter ID , Tesoro Stingray II, Tesoro Tiger Shark, MXT, Eagle II SL, + Others
This is one of two unused detectors I picked up for cheap. It works great "except" the coil attacment lugs broke off right thru where the bolt would hold it on to the shaft. Anyone have ideas for repairing the lugs? Maybe fashioning two new lugs and epoxy them outside the old broken off ones?
 
I guess you guys are going to make me figure it out "all by myself!" Don't make go and buy a new coil! That would make us all unimaginative. LoL
 
LX Kid said:
I guess you guys are going to make me figure it out "all by myself!" Don't make go and buy a new coil! That would make us all unimaginative. LoL

Now ya'll done it!! I just bought a used coil off eBad cause no one had any ideas for me to fix it. I'll use it until I mill two new lugs that I'll epoxy onto the stubs. I'll post a couple pics when I get started.
 
Iv'ed had the same problem twice sent it to the company and they sent me a new coil right away gota love Minelab USA's service Dept.

ACE
 
There were some problems with a few runs of coils, and they have been making it right. Send it in for repair, they will take care of you.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom