Minelab X-Terra 70 Coil Lug Repair. Help!!

LX Kid

Jul 14, 2009
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, M/Lab Xtera-70, B/Hunter ID , Tesoro Stingray II, Tesoro Tiger Shark, MXT, Eagle II SL, + Others
This is one of two unused detectors I picked up for cheap. It works great "except" the coil attacment lugs broke off right thru where the bolt would hold it on to the shaft. Anyone have ideas for repairing the lugs? Maybe fashioning two new lugs and epoxy them outside the old broken off ones?

OP
OP
LX Kid

LX Kid

Jul 14, 2009
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, M/Lab Xtera-70, B/Hunter ID , Tesoro Stingray II, Tesoro Tiger Shark, MXT, Eagle II SL, + Others
I guess you guys are going to make me figure it out "all by myself!" Don't make go and buy a new coil! That would make us all unimaginative. LoL

OP
OP
LX Kid

LX Kid

Jul 14, 2009
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
LX Kid said:
I guess you guys are going to make me figure it out "all by myself!" Don't make go and buy a new coil! That would make us all unimaginative. LoL

Now ya'll done it!! I just bought a used coil off eBad cause no one had any ideas for me to fix it. I'll use it until I mill two new lugs that I'll epoxy onto the stubs. I'll post a couple pics when I get started.

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, Fisher, Minelab, Compass.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Iv'ed had the same problem twice sent it to the company and they sent me a new coil right away gota love Minelab USA's service Dept.

ACE

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were some problems with a few runs of coils, and they have been making it right. Send it in for repair, they will take care of you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread