Brian93436
Jr. Member
Minelab's Eureka Gold or White's GMT?
I am interested in purchasing a gold metal detector. Unfortunately I cannot afford the top of the line Minelab detector. My dilemma is which detector (under $1000.00) would be the best value. I have a White's XLT which I have had good success with and no complaints and I have heard nothing but good things about Minelab detectors. I am considering the Minelab Eureka Gold or the White's GMT. I was hoping for some insight/preferences from some of you who have used one or the other detectors or better yet both of them.
Thanks for your time... Brian
I am interested in purchasing a gold metal detector. Unfortunately I cannot afford the top of the line Minelab detector. My dilemma is which detector (under $1000.00) would be the best value. I have a White's XLT which I have had good success with and no complaints and I have heard nothing but good things about Minelab detectors. I am considering the Minelab Eureka Gold or the White's GMT. I was hoping for some insight/preferences from some of you who have used one or the other detectors or better yet both of them.
Thanks for your time... Brian
Upvote
0
and got to try it out up at Keysville. I didn't find any nuggets, but did find tons of bullets on a hillside covered with old gold mines. Seems the locals liked to plink in the area quite a bit. I am looking forward to going back up this weekend and doing some panning and detecting in the same general area. I will take your advice (extractor) and read up on the GMT as much as I can. I did enjoy using it and found many relics (spikes, square nails, tools, Etc.) along with the bullets and found it to be rather easy to use just like my old standby (XLT). I can't wait to get off the beaten path a bit and really put it to use as there has been good snow in the higher elevations.
??...... i know some very good hot spots all through there..... do you ever hunt near the are called the BIG UGLY or down along the river bank at the bottom










