rcb187
Jr. Member
- Joined
- May 3, 2018
- Messages
- 79
- Reaction score
- 149
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- La Pine, OR
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett AT MAX
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning
Am planning a trip to the area. For now researching the land via Landmatters / BLM / LIDAR and some geologic maps.
I have been reading some old books from there area written early 1900s. Any other great resources to check from?
I am targeting areas around other claims that arent claimed or private. I have never been to the area.
Plan is to take a pan / classifier and some jugs of water to test for samples as I explore.
I will be taking my AT Max ( cant afford a gold detector right now ) as well and am curious about searching tailings from old mines. I see people on youtube going through old tailings piles and doing decent.
I am curious about limitations on old mines. Are there many ghost mines or lost mines in the area? As long as its BLM/National Forest and not private I can prospect it? Is there a limit how much I can dig on these lands?
Anything else I should be aware of before heading out?
Thanks for reading
Am planning a trip to the area. For now researching the land via Landmatters / BLM / LIDAR and some geologic maps.
I have been reading some old books from there area written early 1900s. Any other great resources to check from?
I am targeting areas around other claims that arent claimed or private. I have never been to the area.
Plan is to take a pan / classifier and some jugs of water to test for samples as I explore.
I will be taking my AT Max ( cant afford a gold detector right now ) as well and am curious about searching tailings from old mines. I see people on youtube going through old tailings piles and doing decent.
I am curious about limitations on old mines. Are there many ghost mines or lost mines in the area? As long as its BLM/National Forest and not private I can prospect it? Is there a limit how much I can dig on these lands?
Anything else I should be aware of before heading out?
Thanks for reading
Upvote
0







