I had a chance to play with Equinox 800 today and I can happily vouch for the fact it does find small gold chains using 20 kHz freq, It had no problem seeing a thin 14k herring bone chain. I didn't bury chain real deep, only about 4 inches but it was seeing it with no problem and chain was stretched out straight, not in a ball, tiny clasp and no charm on it. It want replace the 3030 or Etrac but it will certainly have a place in my arsenal.
It is also like the excal in that it sees a gold ring with a piece of iron rebar inside ring if you turn 90° and rescan after the null in desc mode, the iron can also be discriminated out too and see a coin or gold ring under the iron. Earphones on 800 are nice and very comfortable.
I only played with it about 30 mins and wasn't able to take to the beach, maybe next time.
Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk