Minelabs New Metal Detector???

Shaen9319

Jul 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I am curious if I read the wrong thing or not but I been waiting for Minelabs new Equinox its supposed to have been out by the 16th of this month September 2017. Yet its not out yet I cant even purchase it, was there an issue I must have read wrong...

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WAS UNVAILED ON THE 16TH I THINK

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was only unveiled Sept, 16 in the U.K., I do not think it will be available here for some months yet, it has a lot of interest, including mine, the showing and information about it has been in general only, would still like to see much more infro. along with thorough demonstrations.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I am curious if I read the wrong thing or not but I been waiting for Minelabs new Equinox its supposed to have been out by the 16th of this month September 2017. Yet its not out yet I cant even purchase it, was there an issue I must have read wrong...

It wasn't released on the 16th, it was revealed to the public on the 16th. I am suppose to have a chance to physically test one today, will post on it later if I it comes through.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wasn't released on the 16th, it was revealed to the public on the 16th. I am suppose to have a chance to physically test one today, will post on it later if I it comes through.

Lucky dog, I hope you do! let us know!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have heard that the new Minelab Equinox may replace the Safari. I hope that with it's release and all the Hulabaloo, that it will help to drive down the cost of the Safari a bit. We'll see.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard that the new Minelab Equinox may replace the Safari. I hope that with it's release and all the Hulabaloo, that it will help to drive down the cost of the Safari a bit. We'll see.

I'm willing to bet it will replace the X-Terra lineup, not the Safari.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm willing to bet it will replace the X-Terra lineup, not the Safari.

I agree. I think of all the detectors Minelab currently makes the Xterra line is the most likely one the Equinox would replace. It is in the same price range and would make it obsolete more than the Safari.

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Looking forward to your input! I'm really fired up about this one. Especially the 800...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a chance to play with Equinox 800 today and I can happily vouch for the fact it does find small gold chains using 20 kHz freq, It had no problem seeing a thin 14k herring bone chain. I didn't bury chain real deep, only about 4 inches but it was seeing it with no problem and chain was stretched out straight, not in a ball, tiny clasp and no charm on it. It want replace the 3030 or Etrac but it will certainly have a place in my arsenal.

It is also like the excal in that it sees a gold ring with a piece of iron rebar inside ring if you turn 90° and rescan after the null in desc mode, the iron can also be discriminated out too and see a coin or gold ring under the iron. Earphones on 800 are nice and very comfortable.

I only played with it about 30 mins and wasn't able to take to the beach, maybe next time.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a chance to play with Equinox 800 today and I can happily vouch for the fact it does find small gold chains using 20 kHz freq, It had no problem seeing a thin 14k herring bone chain. I didn't bury chain real deep, only about 4 inches but it was seeing it with no problem and chain was stretched out straight, not in a ball, tiny clasp and no charm on it. It want replace the 3030 or Etrac but it will certainly have a place in my arsenal.

It is also like the excal in that it sees a gold ring with a piece of iron rebar inside ring if you turn 90° and rescan after the null in desc mode, the iron can also be discriminated out too and see a coin or gold ring under the iron. Earphones on 800 are nice and very comfortable.

I only played with it about 30 mins and wasn't able to take to the beach, maybe next time.

Congrats on the test run with the Equinox and thanks for the review. I doubt very much if I will be adding it to my arsenal.
How did the machine balance and what kind of weight are we talking about?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It weighs 2.8 lbs, and since everything is in front of you a little front heavy but that can be fixed by owners if it bothers them by adding rear extension rod.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good review. Thanks for posting.
Hearing more reviews from folks who don't have a dog in the fight is what I am waiting on. (hearing from dealers and folks on the ML payroll are good, but nothing beats reviews from experienced unprejudiced detectorists)

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the review, I am looking forward to this detector hitting the shelves. It looks like Minelab has a winner.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not prejudice and I'm not a dealer, I wasn't posting a review, only commenting on a 30 min test. I am a Minelab fan though, although I hated the GoFind series I do own multiple Minelabs and have owned others in the past.

I currently own 4 excals, 3030, sov gt and Xterra 705. I have owned Whites,Troy, Tesoros and still own a Fisher 1235x. I want commit to the Equinox till I can see its performance on salt water beaches but I was impressed with it in the short time I tested it.

I don't think the Equinox will replace the 3030 or the excal, it most likely could replace the Safari as there is only $100 difference in the two, or it could drive its price down, only time will tell. The Safari is a real good detector, but no back light. The reason I sold it and bought the Etrac was the owner was in middle of divorce, needed cash quickly and sold it for $800. I sold Etrac to buy the 3030 to upgrade.

Last edited:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not prejudice and I'm not a dealer, I wasn't posting a review, only commenting on a 30 min test. ...

I think you misread my post. I was thanking you for an unbiased report. You did give a short review of your opinions and I count it as a + for the Eq.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you misread my post. I was thanking you for an unbiased report. You did give a short review of your opinions and I count it as a + for the Eq.
My apologies for misreading it sir.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread