minelab service part one.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,011
  • minelab service part 2.jpg
    minelab service part 2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 970
  • minelab service part 3.jpg
    minelab service part 3.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 978
Re: Minelab's Service Policy Updated......

Digger USA said:
Looks like some of you won't have to sell you detector after all. HH Randy

Digger ???, It is like this in the last part Number 3 it says.....If a detector is sent to us and we can not fix it we will call the customer and advise them. If the customer wants the product back we will do this at our own cost. Of course there will be no other charge... ???.......NOT SO i sent a controll box of a sovereign to them about 6 months ago they called me and told me it could not be repaired BUT if i wanted it back it would cost me $60.00 for checking it out . I told them if it don't work and you can't fix it keep it.......... At that point there was no charge but i would not get the box back...............

I don't know what their previous policy was. But if you look closely at the letter, you will see the gentleman's name who is in-charge now. If you feel your situation was not handled properly, give him a call. I would if it happened to me. HH Randy

Digger , You were right that was there old policy. They got right back to me about it and itooks like i will still be useing Minelabs..

Attachments

• big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 868
  • 100_1787.jpg
    100_1787.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 885
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 856

Jim .. That was a fast answer to you from Minelab thanks for putting it up. I was thinking of buying a Minelab safari . Now i see that they got right back to you and they are going to give good service . I am going to order my Minelab Safari this week . I think it will work out for me been wanting a Safari .

Rules are rules and policies are policies. But after all is said and done, I've found Minelab and White's to both be excellent companies to do business with. Not only do they offer high quality products. But the folks in the service side of the house are very willing to do what it takes to get the job done. Like I said, policies are policies. And I suppose they need something in writing to cover the masses. But direct communication with a live human being usually gets the best results. Glad it worked out for you. HH Randy

Digger USA said:
Rules are rules and policies are policies. But after all is said and done, I've found Minelab and White's to both be excellent companies to do business with. Not only do they offer high quality products. But the folks in the service side of the house are very willing to do what it takes to get the job done. Like I said, policies are policies. And I suppose they need something in writing to cover the masses. But direct communication with a live human being usually gets the best results. Glad it worked out for you. HH Randy
Digger , Yes they got right back to me in less than 24 hours.. And did right by me i will keep my minelabs. I like those minelabs have been useing them for about 20 years............... And Kando i am looking at that safari now also that is going to be my next detector.

Jim I got my Safari it is one mean detector i will give you updates on it. You are going to like this safari when you get yours let me know what your thoughts on it are. :thumbsup: My thoughts are great and deep...

After i put the Email up i got from...Trinia Bonney at Minelab... i told her that if the part does not work i do not want it back ... I just seen the policy but did not know it was just put in that was why i questioned it. So what .. Trinia did for me was something that i don't think any other detector Co. would do.. she sent me a ... Minelab golf shirt ... a Minelab cap... a Minelab digging cutting tool with sheath... a Minelab carry bag... and a ..minelab tool pouch AND IT WAS A FREE GIFT TO ME FROM Trinia & Minelab ...If i was to buy it all it would have cost me.. About $150.00.. but it was free................Thank you Trinia Bonney and Minelab.... so i will be useing minelab another 20 + years.......

Attachments

• Thumb_digger.jpg
    Thumb_digger.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 717
  • minelab_tool-bag.jpg
    minelab_tool-bag.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 707
  • minelab_carrybag.jpg
    minelab_carrybag.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 705
  • 6030_35.jpg
    6030_35.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 707
  • clothing-shirt.jpg
    clothing-shirt.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 746

I want the ball cap!!!!
Thats darn nice. Never had a Minelab, and to be honest from what Ive been reading of late had me concerned because Ive been wanting an ETrac. Ive already decided to buy an ETrac and have to say I now feel a lot releaved. Big step for me, Im a Whites man and Whites has top notch service.
Very happy indeed and thanks much for sharing this with us.
Best,
John

Keppy said:
Keppy said:
After i put the Email up i got from...Trinia Bonney at Minelab... i told her that if the part does not work i do not want it back ... I just seen the policy but did not know it was just put in that was why i questioned it. So what .. Trinia did for me was something that i don't think any other detector Co. would do.. she sent me a ... Minelab golf shirt ... a Minelab cap... a Minelab digging cutting tool with sheath... a Minelab carry bag... and a ..minelab tool pouch AND IT WAS A FREE GIFT TO ME FROM Trinia & Minelab ...If i was to buy it all it would have cost me.. About $150.00.. but it was free................Thank you Trinia Bonney and Minelab.... so i will be useing minelab another 20 + years.......
THIS IS WHAT MINELAB HAS DONE FOR ME..................................

That is good custome service there.....

Hey Keppy, nice package they sent you, except for the digger. It looks like a lesche, but it certainly is not. I got one with my etrac, and it seems to be made of jell-o. Bends every dig, and Im not kidding. Broke my Lesche, and had to you this one. An hour later, I borrowed a buddies lesche.

I have a digger like that but is called gator and have used it here digging in frozen ground of NY. working good. dull but it digs

It's good that you were treated right and are satisfied. It's a shame though that if they cannot fix your detector that they do not give a discount on buying a new Minelab. Even $200 torwards a new Minelab would be nice. (OR pending on which model you choose for the discount) It's obvious you could not use the other detector and chances are, you'll need another. This could almost assure that the individual with the broken detector will stay with Minelab.

I do not know if other manufacturers do this or not. I have heard that Garrett had done it, but I cannot recall for sure.

I, too, will vouch for Minelab and Trina's service. Some time ago I found a part broken on my machine. I discussed the situation with Trina who ended up quickly sending me TWO replacements of the same part "just in case". Hard to beat service like that.
Don.......

Mackaydon said:
I, too, will vouch for Minelab and Trina's service. Some time ago I found a part broken on my machine. I discussed the situation with Trina who ended up quickly sending me TWO replacements of the same part "just in case". Hard to beat service like that.
Don.......

had the same expierence with
mine and it was out of warranty.
they sent me extras parts
to repair it myself if it broke again

I too have heard disconcerting stories about Minelab service.I cannot speak for the current situation,but a couple years ago I had a Musketeer that was giving me problems.I wanted it fixed before the LBH hunt.So being kind of a road hog anyway and living in MO,I decided that the drive to Las Vegas wasn't all that far and I wanted to go to the Gold Show in Phoenix.So off to Vegas I went.I walked in at Minelab and said I was an unhappy camper,very nice people,told them the problem.They said go down to the end of the block to a bar/restaurant and come back in an hour.After a very nice one hr visit with a pretty little barmaid,I came back.They said the battery compartment was bad and they replaced it at no charge.I had had the detector for about 2yrs.So then I hit them for donation for the LBH but the gal said she had a request from Judie,RiverRat,for that hunt.So I told her to send her some great stuff and she did.I hope that their service has not changed as I was very pleased.Now,would I have received the same service by mail/phone,I don't know.Go in person whenever possible.

if you've broken a lesche, return it for replacement, they're supposed to be guaranteed

warsawdaddy said:
I too have heard disconcerting stories about Minelab service.I cannot speak for the current situation,but a couple years ago I had a Musketeer that was giving me problems.I wanted it fixed before the LBH hunt.So being kind of a road hog anyway and living in MO,I decided that the drive to Las Vegas wasn't all that far and I wanted to go to the Gold Show in Phoenix.So off to Vegas I went.I walked in at Minelab and said I was an unhappy camper,very nice people,told them the problem.They said go down to the end of the block to a bar/restaurant and come back in an hour.After a very nice one hr visit with a pretty little barmaid,I came back.They said the battery compartment was bad and they replaced it at no charge.I had had the detector for about 2yrs.So then I hit them for donation for the LBH but the gal said she had a request from Judie,RiverRat,for that hunt.So I told her to send her some great stuff and she did.I hope that their service has not changed as I was very pleased.Now,would I have received the same service by mail/phone,I don't know.Go in person whenever possible.

I think most times the problem is people getting impatient. They don't take into consideration how many Minelabs there are out there in service now. Both of my Excals are at least 5 years old, and I see Excals older then mine that are still in service. I have no idea how many Minelab detectors are in service but I am sure it is in the multiple thousands, many are not under any kind of warranty..... The repair department in Vegas is understaffed, as is many departments of many companies including mine due to the current economic conditions.

I think Treasure_Hunter brings up some very good points. Also, sometimes with transition comes bumps. I had a Fisher detector I sent in for repair and had lousy service. Found out it was during their transition into new ownership. Now there are alot of reports that Fisher service is good. So now that the new owners of Minelab have had a few months we will see how they are this coming year. It's a shame for those that need their service during these times as it can leave a bad taste in your mouth.
:coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back