✅ SOLVED Mini Compact with Inscription?

kestagano04

Dec 14, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What would this have been used for? Found at an old homesite that dates back to the 1800's. It's made of brass. On the back in fancy script I think it says... Ther~Skaynet ...possibly 2 surnames? It also says in smaller lettering... Wood & Barnard Detroit U.S.A.

I'm not sure why my pictures are displaying sideways.
Thank you in advance for any help!

image.jpeg image.jpeg

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
At a glance online everything I see has Wood & Barnard making cleansing and massage creams, using Swedish formulas from 1915-1923. They may have been around longer, but this was a quick look.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

kestagano04

Dec 14, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for that bit of info. I'll look into it. I didn't have any luck when I tried searching Wood and Barnard.

Upvote 0

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
In google searches adding quotes around groups of words, in this case "Wood & Barnard", then hits wil only be of those where those words are found in that order. Otherwise it will find more commonly looked at items that happen to include all of those terms scattered somewhere in the article: "wood & barnard" detroit - Google Search

Upvote 0

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looks like a rouge compact. For the younger ones, rouge was the red stuff that women put on their cheeks. Tony

Upvote 0

Dakota Sioux

Nov 11, 2015
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT- Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The script part says Thel-Skaynet and is Wood & Barnard toiletries shows some copyrights around 1918

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions