What's new

mini-drought ended today

markmopar

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
967
Reaction score
88
Golden Thread
0
Location
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got my 4th skunk in a row today-a Brinks box.

Then this morning when I went into the bank to dump a teller called over to ask if a coin she got was a "real dollar". it was a 1922 peace dollar. kinda beat up, too. I told her it was indeed a US dollar coin and asked if she wanted to sell it. She declined and said she wanted to keep it with her other "different coins". Then she showed me a Franklin half and an Ike and asked what the Ike was worth and if they still made them.
As we small talked about coins I looked at her tray and saw five bucks in halfs with a tell-tale stripe right in the middle. I bought them and got a '64 Kennedy! I guess she didn't notice it as being "different".

After all that, I picked up the first of two boxes waiting for me at another bank(I posted yesterday about the bank changing supplier branches yesterday). I got home and started in fully expecting another stinker, but no!

1-41
1-44
1-51
2-52
1-54
1-61
1-62
1-64
1-65
1-67
5-68


going back for the other box tomorrow.


326020751.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Nice haul Mark. Good eye on checking the tray too.....lol. Gotta love pulling more 90% than 40%.

Good luck on tomorrow's box. Keep us posted.
 
Dang, another nice box of old silver. Excellent.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom