What's new

minor coin in half rolls

Joined
Aug 27, 2006
Messages
1,643
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
my boxes have been decent lately.but finding some loser rolls that will have a penny quarter or nickle instead of a half in the roll. hate to see my take cut.anyone think they do it on purpose knowing thers nothing u can do.REMEMBER MOST THINGS THAT SEEM LIKE ACCIDENTS THAT MAKE MONEY FOR SOMEONE USUALLY ARENT ACCIDENTAL.
 
Upvote 0
I've gotten some like that. I could tell they were dump rolls. Nobody has 2 or 300 dollars in halves laying around in the same new wrappers. I call them thieves. If the bank dumps them in a bag they are stealing from the bank. If we buy them they are stealing from us. All for a dollar or two. The silver gods know. They won't be good to them. Bad Karma will come their way. they are the kind of people that get their house robbed. then they cry like baby's and wonder, "Why me". I can't stand thieves.
HH, S_F :icon_jokercolor:
 
scrounger said:
my boxes have been decent lately.but finding some loser rolls that will have a penny quarter or nickle instead of a half in the roll. hate to see my take cut.anyone think they do it on purpose knowing thers nothing u can do.REMEMBER MOST THINGS THAT SEEM LIKE ACCIDENTS THAT MAKE MONEY FOR SOMEONE USUALLY ARENT ACCIDENTAL.

Ed,

That sucks to get ripped off like that. If it is in a hand roll there is no way someone could claim it was an accident. I could see maybe if someone is dumping a big variety of coins into a machine counter that maybe a stray foreign coin or odd item could be in there with it.

One bank here that only takes in rolled coins (no counting machine) will not sell the rolls back out to customers until someone from the bank counts them all. Once I went in and they said they had over 200 dollars in halves and I asked for them, they say they could not sell them because no one had "verified" them yet, and they were too busy to do it right then. I even said I would waive the right to complain if they were short, but the bank would not budge. So far I have not had anything weird show up in a hand roll. I never count the coins though to see if they are short, I guess I should

I have had a few odd items show up in machine rolled coins though, like a slug, foreign coins, etc. As long as I am pulling silver out of the box it does not get to me too much.

I have really cut back on my hunting of loose coins and hand rolls simply because they have not been percentage wise very good for me lately. It is much easier to go to a bank or two and load up on boxes. At least with a box you know there is a chance of finding some silver. But if the banks says they have 300 dollars in hand rolls, and like Silver Fox said all the wrappers are the same and look new, probably not a good chance for silver. Since I was calling the same banks every week, if one of them suddenly said that they had 300 dollars worth when the week before they had none, I knew the rolls had not been sitting around too long at the bank. In all these instances they were always skunks.

The best hand rolls and loose coins I found were when the banks would say they had like 45 dollars worth, or some low amount. A few times I found great rolls like that. But never when over 150-200.

Jim

Jim
 
jim4silver said:
The best hand rolls and loose coins I found were when the banks would say they had like 45 dollars worth, or some low amount. A few times I found great rolls like that. But never when over 150-200.
Jim
Now and then I have found silver in what looked like a dump. I got $300 once, all new and the same. the very last roll I opened was all 40%. Luckily I kept going. After opening about half I was ready to give up and just dump them.
 
A couple months ago had a box from the CWI, and found a 1978 memorial penny in one of the rolls.
I wasn't very happy, how does that get mixed in with halves?
Told my teller and she said that she would try to get the 49 cent for me , I said please don't bother ,she insisted.
I did get my 49 cents back at another pickup, so all is well.

ROMEX ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom