Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

There are five photos remaining. I think and hope that they all are in order and right side up.

This should tell the rest of the story.

Just keep in mind, that this investigation took several days to complete, and every step was documented by a number of different sources.

Every day that this went on was costing the oil company thousands of dollars.

In the end, Dad was told not to notice any more bodies or body parts!

Oil company policies are about making more money [emoji383] not loosing money [emoji385]!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1572035984.870658.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1572036048.758187.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1572036116.565017.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1572036164.148325.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1572036217.359977.jpg

So, somewhere in some warehouse, owned by the Smithsonian, lies the unnamed bones of an unknown Native American, that died from an unknown cause, other than, possible,blunt force trauma.

Dad returned to the work that he loved and made his way to the Secret Service before retiring. I guess you can say that I am a little proud of him.

#/;0{>~ (C)

Last edited:
Howdy Mikel,

I was told a similar story about two years ago. My wife and I took flowers to her parents in her hometown cemetery, and met an older couple doing the same. We know them well, and got to visiting. While I was talking to the retired cowboy, he told me about a wagon of gold, said to be buried at the Caiman Ranch where my wife grew up. It made me recall a strange light that my wife, and others have seen in the same place. The old Camino Real from Laredo to San Antonio crosses that ranch. If I ever get around to buying a metal detector some day, I'll go check it out.
After we traded treasure stories, I asked the old cowboy if they had ever found anything in the ranch where he worked, and that's when he told me the similar story. They had found an exposed skull out in the pasture of the Light Ranch, and reported it. It also turned out to be the remains of a Native Indian, and it was also found in the sitting position.

Homar

Homar, several years ago, there was a grave discovered about fifteen miles south of town, much like this one.

Only, it was just below a small bluff, with a coiled snake carved , with its head pointing down, just above it.

The land owner started digging there and found some bones. He stopped digging and called the Sheriff, who said that it was an Indian grave.

He too, turned it over to the University of Arkansas, who dug up the bones and stopped digging as soon as they had a full skeleton. They filled the hole back up and built a fence around and over it, and marked it as a sacred burial site [NO TRESPASSING]!

They took the bones to study, and said once they had figured out what Tribe the bones belonged to, they would return the skeleton to its grave.

Nobody knows if that was ever done, and every treasure hunter in the county has wanted to go out there and see what was under the bones, but nobody has ever said that they did it yet. And nobody knows when, or if the skeleton has been replaced.

That little fence, will become a mystery for someone to take down and dig out the hole again someday...

They might dig deep enough to find
a cache someday!!!!?

But it won’t be me!

#/;0{>~

Homar, looking back over my life, I don’t remember ever seeing an “Indian grave yard “ other than the Mound Builder’s.
Now I wonder about their ancestor’s ways. We tend to learn too much from HollyWood cowboy movies!
We put too much trust in their research.

I need to be careful here, I might draw the attention of a bunch of anthropologists.

I remember that old saying, Curiosity killed the cat. And, the early bird gets the worm [emoji218], but the second mouse gets the cheese 🧀!

#/;0{>~

Great map.... now I truly appreciate
Don Jose’s decision to ride his mule.

Many places seem to be, hi lift- super articulating, 4X4, off-road trail vehicles(ONLY), with high capacity wenches!!!!

I could be wrong, but why risk it??!

A very good map, especially where local word of mouth is unreliable.

Thanks,(As if I could ever make that trip, in the shape that I am.)

#/;0{>~

You already know the answer to that question - and agreed amen thank goodness for our four legged equine companions!

On burials in the sitting position, Cheyennes and several other tribes would bury the combat casualties in a sitting position, with the knees bent. Very interesting find!

Please do continue;

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Roy, I am glad that you popped up on those moments of self-doubt.

Even with the roads being logging roads, taking off on a short side road looks like it would be a hard race against our hoof hearted fearless leader!

And I will take your word on the sitting graves. I believe that you are right.

I noticed in the picture that had the picked fence, how close the pipeline was to the grave! It’s a wonder that it survived. The pipeline must have been put in from the left side of the picture and headed to the right side of the picture.

I have worked on pipeline jobs before and they normally are worked on for about twenty feet off of one side of the ditch. Side-booms on bulldozers would dictate how much room is required. That would probably have crushed him down and into dust, If they were on that other side.

It is amazing that a simple grave like that could last over a thousand years.

We think that modern man is superior to the ancients. Our creations will never last as long as their simple common sense...
Thanks for dropping in.

#/;0{>~

Con mucho gusto, doc-d.

ProspectorM, I spent over an hour yesterday morning typing a thoughtful, humorous and informative reply to your question, "I could be wrong, but why risk it??!". When I tried to post it, the d*** thing vaporized!

I had to stand up and walk away from my computer, so as not to hurt it.
Once I recover from this latest case of Keyboard Aversion Syndrome I promise to do your question justice.

Right now, all I can say is that I removed the backseat from the car and made a secure locker in its place;
So that I would not have to hear any Why?-ning from the back seat!

The adventure lasted 6 months and covered 12,000 miles.

Doc is checking my eyes, no heavy internet fot a few days,soo, While I wil e chcking I am not allwed Podtttting. sniff.

Howdy White Heart,

I went through that Keyboard Aversion Syndrome some years ago. To begin with, I am a man of few words, so my posts are usually short, but every now and then, I also found myself trying to answer questions ending up with a rather long post. If one saves the password, it will keep you logged in, but I don't like saving mine. Sometimes I would use the Go Advanced button, and that would restore my post, but some long posts would still vaporize. What I have been doing is just copying the post before I try to post it. That way if it vaporizes, I just come back and paste it. Since then I have been KAS free.

Homar

Anyone need a good chuckle???Here is a little something I got a good laugh from... ...Enjoy...

Ed T

Back, This is my Bertie's resting place before the flowers commenced arriving, between her mother and father. Forgive me but it makes me feel much better having posted it on the Mexican day of the dead..image (2).png

Last edited:
Señor Don Jose, thank you for sharing. The latino Day of the Dead celebrations are special.
Vaya con Dios hermano.

I agree with doc-d, and also say thank you for sharing this with us. :angel5:

American mothers and at least six of their children are EXECUTED by drug cartel gunmen in Mexico on the way to a wedding and their bodies are left in burned out SUVs

Sonora and Chihuahua are two Mexican states that are separated by a mountain*chain that runs N/S a range that at times is almost vertical. . They were mostly populated by *a few scattered ranches, which were generally * abandoned due to the Mexican Revelutoin which had killed off the necessary population needed to repopulate them * The range is crisscrossed by paved roads now,. but when I was there you could find only a few mule trails. and only two roads, both dirt. this then was the area that I was exploring with my mule. * *One night as I was approaching one such ranch I found myself debating wether to make camp or to continue to the lonely ranh, the ranch with the smell of fresh Coffee won out. After the usual calls to let the owner know that I *was approaching, he appeared at the door and greeted me with ' bien venidos, mi casa es tuyos" * After dinner * while we talking and drinking coffee, many strange things came up. *' one', Don Jose *have you seen our *painted wall *?, *" no" , I replied * 'would you like to see it" * This was precisely why I was there *" yes, of coarse" * *i replied. *" well it's *to the south of here about a 2 or 3 hrs travel by mule" So we made plans to go. * The next morning after he had caught his mule, we set off* *In a few places the trail had been washed out., * *By myself *i would have been stoped, but since he knew where we were goimg, that was no problem. *We eventually came to a very rough aera and he led me down a narrow ravine very rough area , *I could never have found my way. *I was wondering why the author had picked *such a spot, when *he suddenly said "we are there". * The spot was some 15 ft high x 20 ft wide. *On it there were painted in a redish *color *the footprints in natural size, were *the animal tracks, * They all were normal size,except for one, a human foot print. * There was already one of natural size, but this was about 18 inches long ? * This raised many questions. * * *When I questioned him, " he said rather off handily " oh you mean the redheaded ones"? *"What ever' I replied" * He told me that there had been a numberer of them living in (X) valley, * *But the normal sized ones had killed them off. *In fact his father had killed the apparently last one near Chinapas. *"when I *asked him why"? *He merely shrugged and said "it seemed like a good idea" * 'It seems they were *eight to 10 ft tall, had reddish hair, smooth reddish skin, *two rows of teeth, were peaceful * Story *Continues tomorrow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back