Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

Sonora and Chihuahua are two Mexican states that are separated by a mountain*chain that runs N/S a range that at times is almost vertical. . They were mostly populated by *a few scattered ranches, which were generally * abandoned due to the Mexican Revelutoin which had killed off the necessary population needed to repopulate them * The range is crisscrossed by paved roads now,. but when I was there you could find only a few mule trails. and only two roads, both dirt. this then was the area that I was exploring with my mule. * *One night as I was approaching one such ranch I found myself debating wether to make camp or to continue to the lonely ranh, the ranch with the smell of fresh Coffee won out. After the usual calls to let the owner know that I *was approaching, he appeared at the door and greeted me with ' bien venidos, mi casa es tuyos" * After dinner * while we talking and drinking coffee, many strange things came up. *' one', Don Jose *have you seen our *painted wall *?, *" no" , I replied * 'would you like to see it" * This was precisely why I was there *" yes, of coarse" * *i replied. *" well it's *to the south of here about a 2 or 3 hrs travel by mule" So we made plans to go. * The next morning after he had caught his mule, we set off* *In a few places the trail had been washed out., * *By myself *i would have been stoped, but since he knew where we were goimg, that was no problem. *We eventually came to a very rough aera and he led me down a narrow ravine very rough area , *I could never have found my way. *I was wondering why the author had picked *such a spot, when *he suddenly said "we are there". * The spot was some 15 ft high x 20 ft wide. *On it there were painted in a redish *color *the footprints in natural size, were *the animal tracks, * They all were normal size,except for one, a human foot print. * There was already one of natural size, but this was about 18 inches long ? * This raised many questions. * * *When I questioned him, " he said rather off handily " oh you mean the redheaded ones"? *"What ever' I replied" * He told me that there had been a numberer of them living in (X) valley, * *But the normal sized ones had killed them off. *In fact his father had killed the apparently last one near Chinapas. *"when I *asked him why"? *He merely shrugged and said "it seemed like a good idea" * 'It seems they were *eight to 10 ft tall, had reddish hair, smooth reddish skin, *two rows of teeth, were peaceful * Story *Continues tomorrow

You are such a tease Don Jose...Manana siempre manana...lol

Ed T

Seńor Don Jose, please finish the story you started above.......this is very interesting and fits in with similar stories around the world......
Vaya con Dios

Sonora and Chihuahua are two Mexican states that are separated by a mountain*chain that runs N/S a range that at times is almost vertical. . They were mostly populated by *a few scattered ranches,

Old rancho, east of Bacamuchi, ca.1970. I can still smell the coffee, too.

Scan 48 (2)-cleaned.jpg

( at that the the sierras was very dangerous, there was no law but what you were able to enforce yourself.)*I decided to visit old Hernandez, so saddling my mule I rode to his home.* as I drew near I commenced to sing out even so it was a far cry from the narco trafficante of today.)* Presently Hernandes shouted " bien venidos,* Mi casa es suyos"* *With out announcing your self , it was assumed*that you were up to no good and would risk being* shot.* * I saw to my mule, then we returned to the house for some hot coffee.* I noticed that old Hernandez was unusually quiet, further questioning* brought out the fact that his old kiddies Victrola was. not working, somehow he had lost the needle.* *I quickly reassured him that it was no problem, I then stepped out side, went to the nearest Pitaya and cut two large spines,, then shaped them to fit his pickup and turned on his*the sound was even better.He was delighted and insisted on putting on his David and Goliath record.* He sat their*patiently until the time came for David to clobberGoliath then he struck his left hand with his right with a loud bang ans cried " Sas ".* I think that was the only part of th record he listened for.* **after trimming one to fit his head I turned the old Vibtrola on, the sound was even better than it was with thehe steel needle.* * oaripagHe was then even more willing to talk, so we drifted into the reason that I had come to see him, prospect". I* asked him if he had ever acted on the information of the old Yaqui had told us,a couple of years before. *he said yes, that he had gone north to Sahuaripauand then continued north for 3 days to the rio Yaqui,,, where the rio had turned East running into Chihuahua.* He had found the placer ok but it was on one of southern cliffs. He and his son had recovered quite a bit of gold when they ran out of food and decided to return to Sahupa . so his sun volunteered to carry the gold. as they were climbing up one of the cliffs his sons pack somehowcame loore and fell down to an inaccessible place where it couldn't be recovered.* Hernandez started in making plans for their return but his son refused, he had a cushy job as the foreman on a cattle ranch near Obregon , so he was waiting for me.* He mentioned that he had found several sealed burial caves.* Hf opened one up, it contained two bodies wraped in metates, both were giants, a* male and a female.* He was so mad thinking that he had found some trinkets to sell that he threw the skeletons down the cliff.* I then explained to him that he hade indeed found a treasure but that he had thrown it away, that there* were any number of places in the world that would give him good money for them.* He later returned, but could find no trace of them, so the proof I could show the world vanished.* * First strike

Mu??? Or proof thereof...Bravo Don Jose...

Ed T

Gracias Seńor Don Jose........thanks for finishing the story. The reports and legends of giants are world wide. There were many skeletons of giants reported being found and somehow they all have "disappeared". Guess that does not fit the official narrative TPTB want.

Sonora and Chihuahua are two Mexican states that are separated by a mountain*chain that runs N/S a range that at times is almost vertical. . They were mostly populated by *a few scattered ranches, which were generally * abandoned due to the Mexican Revelutoin which had killed off the necessary population needed to repopulate them * The range is crisscrossed by paved roads now,. but when I was there you could find only a few mule trails. and only two roads, both dirt. this then was the area that I was exploring with my mule. * *One night as I was approaching one such ranch I found myself debating wether to make camp or to continue to the lonely ranh, the ranch with the smell of fresh Coffee won out. After the usual calls to let the owner know that I *was approaching, he appeared at the door and greeted me with ' bien venidos, mi casa es tuyos" * After dinner * while we talking and drinking coffee, many strange things came up. *' one', Don Jose *have you seen our *painted wall *?, *" no" , I replied * 'would you like to see it" * This was precisely why I was there *" yes, of coarse" * *i replied. *" well it's *to the south of here about a 2 or 3 hrs travel by mule" So we made plans to go. * The next morning after he had caught his mule, we set off* *In a few places the trail had been washed out., * *By myself *i would have been stoped, but since he knew where we were goimg, that was no problem. *We eventually came to a very rough aera and he led me down a narrow ravine very rough area , *I could never have found my way. *I was wondering why the author had picked *such a spot, when *he suddenly said "we are there". * The spot was some 15 ft high x 20 ft wide. *On it there were painted in a redish *color *the footprints in natural size, were *the animal tracks, * They all were normal size,except for one, a human foot print. * There was already one of natural size, but this was about 18 inches long ? * This raised many questions. * * *When I questioned him, " he said rather off handily " oh you mean the redheaded ones"? *"What ever' I replied" * He told me that there had been a numberer of them living in (X) valley, * *But the normal sized ones had killed them off. *In fact his father had killed the apparently last one near Chinapas. *"when I *asked him why"? *He merely shrugged and said "it seemed like a good idea" * 'It seems they were *eight to 10 ft tall, had reddish hair, smooth reddish skin, *two rows of teeth, were peaceful * Story *Continues tomorrow

( at that the the sierras was very dangerous, there was no law but what you were able to enforce yourself.)*I decided to visit old Hernandez, so saddling my mule I rode to his home.* as I drew near I commenced to sing out even so it was a far cry from the narco trafficante of today.)* Presently Hernandes shouted " bien venidos,* Mi casa es suyos"* *With out announcing your self , it was assumed*that you were up to no good and would risk being* shot.* * I saw to my mule, then we returned to the house for some hot coffee.* I noticed that old Hernandez was unusually quiet, further questioning* brought out the fact that his old kiddies Victrola was. not working, somehow he had lost the needle.* *I quickly reassured him that it was no problem, I then stepped out side, went to the nearest Pitaya and cut two large spines,, then shaped them to fit his pickup and turned on his*the sound was even better.He was delighted and insisted on putting on his David and Goliath record.* He sat their*patiently until the time came for David to clobberGoliath then he struck his left hand with his right with a loud bang ans cried " Sas ".* I think that was the only part of th record he listened for.* **after trimming one to fit his head I turned the old Vibtrola on, the sound was even better than it was with thehe steel needle.* * oaripagHe was then even more willing to talk, so we drifted into the reason that I had come to see him, prospect". I* asked him if he had ever acted on the information of the old Yaqui had told us,a couple of years before. *he said yes, that he had gone north to Sahuaripauand then continued north for 3 days to the rio Yaqui,,, where the rio had turned East running into Chihuahua.* He had found the placer ok but it was on one of southern cliffs. He and his son had recovered quite a bit of gold when they ran out of food and decided to return to Sahupa . so his sun volunteered to carry the gold. as they were climbing up one of the cliffs his sons pack somehowcame loore and fell down to an inaccessible place where it couldn't be recovered.* Hernandez started in making plans for their return but his son refused, he had a cushy job as the foreman on a cattle ranch near Obregon , so he was waiting for me.* He mentioned that he had found several sealed burial caves.* Hf opened one up, it contained two bodies wraped in metates, both were giants, a* male and a female.* He was so mad thinking that he had found some trinkets to sell that he threw the skeletons down the cliff.* I then explained to him that he hade indeed found a treasure but that he had thrown it away, that there* were any number of places in the world that would give him good money for them.* He later returned, but could find no trace of them, so the proof I could show the world vanished.* * First strike

Don Jose,

Thank You for your story(s), & thanks to you Sir, & all of our Awesome Veterans, who have served in the US Armed Forces
You are all a Great National Treasure. Happy Veteran's Day! :usflag: ~ Salute ~ :occasion14: Oirish coffees of course...

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving Day to all that celebrate the day.
May you be blessed, friends, family, in-laws and outlaws, all the same.

#/;0{>:~

I defy you to find this on Google Earth., Tayopa is in the foreground. it is below Serochito, Chih.jpg1 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving Don Jose, and to all of your friends and readers.
I love your photos. When you are ready to publish your book you may use any and all of my photos to help illustrate your tale.
WH

What came of your research into the fellow who died twice?

I continue to sort out his life. In his later years he seems to have absconded with the identity of a man who came to NM with the California Column with the same name, but returned to CA. I will write more when I have time. Even though I have just had my 66th I make a living doing manual labor. When you spend your life traveling and exploring you don't get SS, so I labor.
In answer to your appreciation of the hammer, here is the tailings pile it came from. Center of pic.

mex74040-cleaned.jpg

Last edited:
I continue to sort out his life. In his later years he seems to have absconded with the identity of a man who came to NM with the California Column but returned to CA. I will write more when I have time. Even though I have just had my 66th I make a living doing manual labor. When you spend your life traveling and exploring you don't get SS, so I labor.
In answer to your appreciation of the hammer, here is the tailings pile it came from. Center of pic.

View attachment 1775719

Very nice place. Would love to poke around there.
Did you ever say what your interest was in him?
Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.
It is easy to forget the poorest folks in America live like kings compared to the poor in other places.
Meanwhile, I had a random thought. Has anyone here ever seen a ghost, or had some sort of experience alobg those lines?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back