What's new

Miscellaneous stone tools pt 1

dump_digger

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2016
Messages
91
Reaction score
158
Golden Thread
0
Location
Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's prizm 950
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So I walked around this pasture that I know for certain I have never been on foot in, and found some of the coolest and strangest large stone items I've ever found. One, which was a favorite, was a game ball. My dad has kept two things I've ever found on his ranch. One was a big pot I pulled out of a cave and the other was the game ball.
20170107_164616 (1).webp20170107_164652.webp
Hoe? Hand ax? some kind of chopper
I have a thumbnail attached that I don't know how to get rid of, so, I'm pretty sure they are all nutting stones (the top one is a maybe)
 

Attachments

  • 20170107_164311.webp
    20170107_164311.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 179
Upvote 0
Nice, that cobble chopper is sweet! It is my understanding that one likely use of those was to break into large bones for the marrow.
 
Nice! That is a very cool chopper!
 
beautiful example cobble chopper
 
Chopper yes the others no
 
those choppers have been made like that for literally millions of years by all human species...that one of the best examples i have seen here.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom