What's new

Misprint bill

Quique32

Greenie
Joined
Jun 17, 2016
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new on this page. Hopefully someone can help me. I have a misprint one dollar bill if anyone can help me i post pictures thanks
 
image.webpimage.webp
 
I don't know if the print was bad, but the cut was terrible! :tongue3:
 
I see it, but I'm not believing it. ...Don't see how that could have made it out of the Mint. Where'd you get it?
 
I see it, but I'm not believing it. ...Don't see how that could have made it out of the Mint. Where'd you get it?

Ebay in germany
 
Thanks got it
 
NWS the final bid at this auction, if I owned the bill I would get it authenticated and graded.
The 4th Edition of the Official Red Book of US Currency (2010) mentions values between $330 (VF-20) to $675 (New) for similar bills.
Don.......
 
Wow that would be amazing i post more pics as soon i get back and have it on hand thanks
 
awsome if authentic..I would certainly have it graded..:occasion14:
 
Granted, as a novelty cut, your kind of bill looks to sell for about $20, which is probably what you paid.
 
Be very skeptical of such a cut. People buy uncut sheets and purposely cut these bills wrong for novelty purposes

My thoughts exactly. Way too easy to fake this type of error. But if you can get someone to pay you $100 for it, take it!
 
counterfit. same serial number on both halves. not a whole sheet miscut.
 
Serial numbers are consistent with sheets, and are not identical. Look at the first three numbers. Counterfeit or not can not be determined solely by the images provided, but I suspect a deliberately miscut sheet. I could have done the same had I bought a full or half sheet when my wife and I took the tour of the Bureau of Engraving and Printing in DC a few years ago.
 
Last edited:
Be very skeptical of such a cut. People buy uncut sheets and purposely cut these bills wrong for novelty purposes.
Is that legal? I mean, isn't it against the law to deface money? ...And they get after folks for picking an eagle feather off the ground and taking it home. Indeed! :protest:
 
No, it is not against the law to oddly cut sheets of paper money. It is against the law to fraudulently alter legal tender. If this is the result of someone deliberately miscutting an otherwise legally obtained sheet of bills then representing it as an error, that would be a simple case of fraud.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom