What's new

Misprint bill

Serial numbers are consistent with sheets, and are not identical. Look at the first three numbers. Counterfeit or not can not be determined solely by the images provided, but I suspect a deliberately miscut sheet. I could have done the same had I bought a full or half sheet when my wife and I took the tour of the Bureau of Engraving and Printing in DC a few years ago.

Really? You can buy uncut sheets? How does that work?
 
Serial numbers are consistent with sheets, and are not identical. Look at the first three numbers. Counterfeit or not can not be determined solely by the images provided, but I suspect a deliberately miscut sheet. I could have done the same had I bought a full or half sheet when my wife and I took the tour of the Bureau of Engraving and Printing in DC a few years ago.
I learn something everyday on this site. I always thought it was the last three numbers that would be different. Didnt even look at the first numbers.
 
Is that legal? I mean, isn't it against the law to deface money? ...And they get after folks for picking an eagle feather off the ground and taking it home. Indeed! :protest:

No it is not legal in the country this person purchased it in. The US Secret Service I am sure are already on this as well. They keep a Counterfeit Office in Germany because so much US cash is fake.

A very normal thing they often see; a US soldier prints off lots of 100's and 50's. Then he goes into the city on the weekend to hit up all the bars. He pays for a coke with a 100 and gets his cash back in Euro.

I was at a conference regarding this a couple years ago and one of the SS Agents told me that if a soldier just limits him self to exchanging between 4-6K a night on the weekends and goes to another city the following weekend that they will never catch them at all.

They said they tracked one guy who was exchanging 40K a night in 7 cities every weekend for 11 years and they never caught him. They said that either he was deployed and was killed or that he or she just stopped. Not even a clue they said but they said he was very careful in his movements but was using a normal printer and normal ink on normal US Army issued water marked paper. LOL Alway the same exact 49 serial numbers as well and from all that they collected up just from those serial numbers they said it was just over 42 million.

Crazy man and he never got caught.
 
Very unusual,, I noticed 2 completely different serial numbers and they are not consecutive.
 
@OJ - That's NUTS! ...Well, if Congress (et al) can spend Trillions on nothing, what's a few more thousand gonna do....bankrupt us?? :laughing7:
 
@OJ - That's NUTS! ...Well, if Congress (et al) can spend Trillions on nothing, what's a few more thousand gonna do....bankrupt us?? :laughing7:

Yeah no kidding right. That one SS Agent told me that they sweep up about 20 million a year just in Germany alone, and that when they make a bust 90% of the time it is a soldier.

I thought this could be tracked better but they said that once it goes to the local national vendor that they hang on to USD for a better exchange rate, then it goes to their little bank, from there to a main bank where it sits for about 7 weeks before it makes it way to the main exchange in Frankfurt if it has not been put into circulation already by one of the other banks.

I was totally lost at that conference; if its weapons, people, art cultural property then I can track and bust all day long. But what those guys do is just nuts.

They told me a story back from the 90's when an American walked into a jewelry store in Germany and purchased up 2 million in goods and paid cash. Who does not question that kind of stuff, especially when it is not in the host nation currency.

Anyway, I was told that the German agencies have guys who specialize in fake USD, so you know it is pretty bad. They said when Clinton was in office that many shops where getting 3 dollar bills in. LOL
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom