What's new

Mississippi Artillery Button - Middle Tennessee

Mike N Tn.

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
313
Reaction score
1,941
Golden Thread
0
Location
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600,
and Fisher F75
Hi,

Attached is a picture of a Mississippi Artillery Button I found today in Middle Tennessee. It is a size 16 mm (possible Kepi size?). This is my first State Button. My eyes almost popped out of my head when I looked in the hole and this button was looking up at me. It was only 6 inches deep and rang as a solid nickel on the F75. I almost didn't dig it as I was getting tired of digging very tiny shreds of aluminum foil, and the Mississippi Artillery button sounded like another piece of foil.
 

Attachments

  • Mississippi Artillery button.webp
    Mississippi Artillery button.webp
    65.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Mississippi A -  back.webp
    Mississippi A - back.webp
    66.6 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Upvote 26
Hi,

Attached is a picture of a Mississippi Artillery Button I found today in Middle Tennessee. It is a size 16 mm (possible Kepi size). This is my first State Button. My eyes almost popped out of my head when I looked in the hole and this button was looking up at me. It was only 6 inches deep and rang as a solid nickel. I almost didn't dig it as I was getting tired of digging very tiny shreds of aluminum foil, and the Mississippi Artillery button sounded like another piece of foil.

Awesome find. Congrats Mike.
 
Fantastic find. What type of site was it found at?
 
Never seen that one before...congrats!
 
Very nice Civil War button.
 
The Mississippi Artillery button was in a "Hunted Out" Army of Tennessee Winter Camp (Confederate).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom