What's new

Missouri Copper Trade Point Questions...

Subterranean

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
3,966
Reaction score
8,893
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this beauty about five inches under the rocky soil of a wooded meadow in Southwest Missouri. Within 100' of it were dozens of musket and pistol balls, dropped and fired. Don't know if I was on a hunting ground, skirmish site, or camp site. Is there any way of dating the trade point based on its style, etc...? I know the Osage lived here for centuries and have found numerous Archaic stone points and tools in the same area. Thanks and Happy Hunting. Sub 8-)
 

Attachments

  • tradepoint.jpg 001.webp
    tradepoint.jpg 001.webp
    108.3 KB · Views: 109
  • tradepoint.jpg 002.webp
    tradepoint.jpg 002.webp
    152.9 KB · Views: 117
  • tradepoint.jpg 004.webp
    tradepoint.jpg 004.webp
    38.2 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice point ! I would go back and dig all signals including iron, that should tell you if there was a campsite there. Hopefully you will find gun parts and iron pts.
I know of a guy who found a lot of Osage relics in SW MO.
 
From what I know you can only say for a date on trade point, is after contact. A lot of time they would use any metal item they could get their hands on. Very cool find:notworthy:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom