What's new

Mixed bag

robfinds

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
3,531
Reaction score
4,422
Golden Thread
5
Location
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Here's this afternoons finds. A short cross cut half hammered silver penny. Also a tiny fragment of an hammered silver coin, shows the machines working well. A couple of medieval lead tokens, a Georgian buckle, a pin like object. And my favourite, a Tudor clothing fastener in the form of a human head. He looked a bit surprised, when I lifted him out of the soil after around five centuries.:laughing7:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7702.webp
    IMG_7702.webp
    325.4 KB · Views: 142
Upvote 36
Congratz on what seems like some crazy finds to me!
 
I really like the clothing fastener.
 
I read it 3 times :) What is the long fancy silver ? a piece of a buckle? That's going to look nice all cleaned up
 
Awesome finds! I love the "clothing fastener". :occasion14:
 
Nice finds there! Congrats!

He's only surprised you woke him up...I get cranky! :D
 
WOOOOOW Im always amazed at the history of the finds in England I would love to detect there any of those finds I would love Thanks for sharing your finds its 8 degrees here stuck inside Great Job
 
I read it 3 times :) What is the long fancy silver ? a piece of a buckle? That's going to look nice all cleaned up
Forgot to mention that, as you say it could be part of a fancy Georgian buckle.
 
Great cut hammered and buckle Rob. That site you're on is producing - first the short and long cross, and now the buckle and cut. Here here!
 
Good little lot.

I think its a Cherubs head on the fastener. I wonder if the pin is Saxon/Viking:icon_scratch:
 
I love when you guys post your finds from across the pond
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom