Mondays road trip (best yet)

prizm II

Dec 21, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites prizm II
My wife and I went on a short trip to another town. Hit 7 banks in this town for a total of
$453. From this we found only 1-40% and 4-2002/2006, not worth the drive. On the way home we stopped at a tiny town with only one bank, so in we go, the usual "do you have any halves we can buy?". The reply the usual "we have about 3 or 4 dollars worth" do you want them? We say yes and explain that we just started collecting halve for fun and are looking for all the dates to fill in the cards. Then I ask the magic question that always get a NO answer, "do you have a bag from the coin counter that I can buy? Why, yes we do, do you want it? its about $970. Yes Please! While another teller went to get the bag the teller helping us said "I might as well sell you the halves that I have been saving" out she pulls 6 silver halves and dumps them in the bag, Bless Her Heart!! I made sure that I thanked her several times for the "old" coins, I never use the word "silver" in a bank. So now the drive home to search this bag that has never been searched!! It did not disappoint. 22-40%, 2-90% and 10 proofs (six are silver!!!)

Attachments

• bank-run-2-26-07.gif
    bank-run-2-26-07.gif
    112.5 KB · Views: 212
  • 973-bag-photo.gif
    973-bag-photo.gif
    88.7 KB · Views: 198
  • 973-bag-40-and-90-ken.gif
    973-bag-40-and-90-ken.gif
    72.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 973-bag-proofs-clad.gif
    973-bag-proofs-clad.gif
    121.8 KB · Views: 205
  • 973-bag-proofs-silver.gif
    973-bag-proofs-silver.gif
    182.2 KB · Views: 207
Upvote 0
I think you should take them all back to the Bank! Don't you feel guilty Profitering off that poor girl? Making Money off a Bank is Stealing! Shame!

Wait a Minute! Isn't this AP'S Best Liar's Thread? Sorry! ;D

HH Joe ;)

Even thou the bank is about 30 miles from home, I feel like taking her a gift and asking them to call me next time the coin bag gets full!!

I'm going back on Monday with a can of Almond Roca for the tellers and a photo of my yellow lab puppy with my name and phone number printed on it. I'll ask them to call each time they get a few hundred worth.

Attachments

• puppy-+-tiger.gif
    puppy-+-tiger.gif
    153.5 KB · Views: 86
Good job Prizm. That was a very productive road trip. That is alot of proofs too. Congrats!

I love getting the coin machine bags. Always seem to find interesting stuff, usually some silver, some foreign coins, and the occasional object that got counted as a coin. The only thing I don't like is when there are lots of smaller denomination coins mixed in since the bags I've had usually just count the total number of objects so in most cases each penny is a $0.49 loss.

Usually the silver is able to offset the loss due to the other objects, but that won't always be true. Some banks will also run the coins back through the coin machine to get a more accurate count which can be good since it removes the "bad" objects. Just got to hope they don't cherrypick while they are doing it. So far I haven't had one that did.

prizm II said:
Even thou the bank is about 30 miles from home, I feel like taking her a gift and asking them to call me next time the coin bag gets full!!

Prizm, I think the drive back would be well worth it, bring a token of your appreciation. The bank and teller were very helpful,it can't hurt to try and make a contact with them. It seems like they don't have any other crh going on there. Congratulations on all the silver!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back