Monterey, CA

cabal43

Greenie
Mar 1, 2011
Greetings,

I just signed up for this forum, after reading entries here for several weeks. It seems you have a very knowledgeable and friendly community.

My name is Matthew and I am located in Monterey, CA. I am 30 years old and an Army combat veteran. I decided to try out metal detection as a hobby, and have no experience in it thus far. I could use a little help in the following areas, and would value member support:

1. Is there anyone on this forum from or near my area? I would love the opportunity to interact a little via email or in person to learn the ropes.
2. Are there any recommendations for an initial purchase of a detector? I have set my sights on $300 or so as a target, but would like something that does the basics and a little more. Differentiates different metals, helps pinpoint, and works near (not in) the water at the beach... I live in a coastal area, and would like to take advantage of that.
3. Generally, I would value any tips on locations to check out. After reading other posts, I have decided to try out the sandboxes and parks first, to learn how things work and find some spare change... after that? My assumption is empty lots and friends/neighbor's yards...

Thanks again for any help rendered. I hope to return the favor one day when I am a little more knowledgeable.

OP
OP
C

cabal43

Greenie
Mar 1, 2011
Well, thanks very much for the welcome Diggin'.

I'll start trying to connect with members in another section on the forum.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG_127.gif
Matthew.

welcome.gif

Attachments

• welcome.gif
    welcome.gif
    36 KB · Views: 107

China or Bust

Greenie
Feb 27, 2011
Burleson, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Delta 4000
Hiya Matt!

I'm new too so I can't help you much with your question. But, alot of the members really know their stuff and I'm sure you will get your questions anwsered. Welcome aboard!

Silver Slayer

Jun 19, 2010
CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, XS, Minelab Excalibur Sea search, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your service and welcome to T-Net :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread