cillosis
Full Member
- Joined
- Nov 3, 2005
- Messages
- 166
- Reaction score
- 5
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Norfolk, VA
- Detector(s) used
- Whites Spectrum XLT/White's Prizm 5
Well, I got my Ace 250 and took it out to an old school house near Sisters,OR that I know about. The school is gone but the bathroom that was behind it still remains (see the pics). As usual, my ace was giving me quarter,half, and dollar signals but I was only digging rusty nails. Some holes, I would get a nice clear repeatable signal and pinpoint it to what I think is EXACTLY where it is at, and dig without finding anything
. So I scan all my dirt and the hole, and the signal just disappears! I am using a modified coin program to block out nickels because they are right in the middle of trash signals, and thats still all I get! Oh well. I did manage to find a rusty bobby pin and the little metal piece that connects a pencil eraser to the pencil. By the way, does anybody have any tips or explanations of the quirks of the Ace 250? Thanks and good hunting!
PIC EXPLANATIONS:
#1- The old bathrooms that are still there.
#2- The widened part of the sidewalk where I assume the stairs use to be.
#3- The sidewalk...or whats left of it.
. So I scan all my dirt and the hole, and the signal just disappears! I am using a modified coin program to block out nickels because they are right in the middle of trash signals, and thats still all I get! Oh well. I did manage to find a rusty bobby pin and the little metal piece that connects a pencil eraser to the pencil. By the way, does anybody have any tips or explanations of the quirks of the Ace 250? Thanks and good hunting!PIC EXPLANATIONS:
#1- The old bathrooms that are still there.
#2- The widened part of the sidewalk where I assume the stairs use to be.
#3- The sidewalk...or whats left of it.
Attachments
Upvote
0

) If you have an all metal mode switch this on first. It will make it even easier to find those little items.






