What's new

More bottles! : > and a porcelain sign!

bullgill

Full Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2014
Messages
165
Reaction score
169
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grabbed the wine bottle because I think it may be desirable(?) because of the hollow bottom, no embossing.

The label on the [gin?] bottle was a little better before I washed the bottle. What I could make out was GH & L(-) or CH & L(-). Not much to go on but I am sure I'll find out what it used to say. I love the aqua color!

Not sure how I should get the barnacle off of the sign, any tips?











































 
Upvote 12
Got the barnacle off! and gave it a cleaning with soap and water.






Edit: I almost forgot!!! I also found a 1928 mercury dime : )
 
Last edited:
I was going to suggest oxalic acid - but - I wouldn't touch it any more - good job - looks great
 
Oh Dang! The bottles are beautiful, but that sign ROCKS! Because it is an antique porcelain Copenhagen sign in good shape, it should bring a nice price if you ever sell it! Congrats. Sub 8-)
 
Fantastic finds! I have yet to find a sign. Im sure I've walked over them but the river isn't kind to such things in my neck of the woods. Good luck and happy hunting!
 
Oh Dang! The bottles are beautiful, but that sign ROCKS! Because it is an antique porcelain Copenhagen sign in good shape, it should bring a nice price if you ever sell it! Congrats. Sub 8-)

Yes I would guess 200 - 250.00 I know Im an easy buyer at 150.00 and i don't even want it.

Very nice find!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom