More Camp Finds...PICS ADDED

markgPA

Jan 13, 2006
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites PrizmV, Minelab Explorer SE
Hi everyone
I've been AWOL for a bit, but got out a couple times over the last few weeks. TnT posted Sunday about our trip to the Pocono Mtns where there was a field hockey camp started in the 1920's.
Johny Mc and I went back this past Sunday and had a great 4 hours of hunting. We are basically wondering around not knowing where cabins or buildings where and hitting items here and there. Imagine about 600 acres that looks like a nuke leveled every tree. I'm a hunter and outdoorsman and it really is a pathetic site. Deer, turkey and other game flurished here once and now are all but gone, although we saw some gobblers strutting around a couple hens on the last trip.
Anyway on to the hunt..... John found a honey hole and we got a little lucky. I found my first Standing Qtrs and my first non 1940's Merc. I found a ton of junk and clad but did manage to find 4 Buffs (3 with dates) mixed in. I cleaned the silver with baking soda and water and tumbled the wheats to get some dates ( two 1910's and some teens).
The weather was in the 40's in the morning and windy and we had a great day. I'm hoping to get the pass for a Fathers Day morning hunt, but will have to see if my daughter has plans for me (she's 4 and we baked a cake for Mom and served breakfast in bed to her for Moms Day).
I enjoy reading everyones stories and hope I haven't been to long winded on this one.
HH to all and Happy Fathers Day to all you dads!
Mark G.

Attachments

• campfinds.jpg
    campfinds.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 404
  • campfinds2.jpg
    campfinds2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 391
Upvote 0

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Re: More Camp Finds

Sounds like a great place to hunt! Are you finding any good relics besides the coins?

vicki

OP
OP
markgPA

markgPA

Jan 13, 2006
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites PrizmV, Minelab Explorer SE
Re: More Camp Finds

Hi Vic910
We are finding utensils, tons of uniform and belt clasps, thimbles, and other misc. junk.
Thanks for looking and responding.
HH
Mark G

TnT2000

Jan 15, 2006
Easton PA
Hey Mark.
I talked to john today and told me you guys scored..I also got your message.
WOW great coins I hope we can head back soon....good job...
TnT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread