What's new

More finds from the colonial cabin site. Coins, buttons!

Coilcrazy2

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2010
Messages
276
Reaction score
744
Golden Thread
3
Location
Reading, pa
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, gray ghost headphones,
Fisher 1265x,
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Tesoro cibola,
Tesoro Outlaw
Hey everyone!
I was able to get out the other day to an early cabin site that I discovered a few weeks ago. This time around I came out with 21 buttons (3 matching dandys, 1 eagle, and 1 blowhole), a 1788 KGIII?, a BEAUTIFUL 1834 half cent, and some other odds and ends. Not sure if the buckle is old or not. Looks kind of like some of the early colonial ones I've seen but it could be much newer considering the site was occupied until the 1920s
thanks for looking
Ben
CC
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    352.1 KB · Views: 157
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    439 KB · Views: 147
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    249.2 KB · Views: 139
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    266.1 KB · Views: 157
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    330 KB · Views: 158
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    335.2 KB · Views: 152
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    257.4 KB · Views: 141
Upvote 22
Very nice! Doesn't get much better than that half cent :icon_thumleft:
 
Also got what I believe is a lead dice
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    157.1 KB · Views: 149
More special finds......Congratulations!!!
 
WTG very nice grouping! I don't believe that the lead is from dice, just lead scrap, but could be if mangled by a plow.
 
That half cent is outstanding
 
WTG very nice grouping! I don't believe that the lead is from dice, just lead scrap, but could be if mangled by a plow.
Yea it may not be. I jut thought it was strangely square and the little indentations made me think maybe it was. The field has been plowed for the past 90 years or so...so it's possible but who knows
 
Very nice group of finds. That half cent is sweet.
 
Great finds man! Love the half cent, it's so crispy. The eagle button looks like a CW staff officer's cuff?
 
Congrats, very nice recoveries
 
Now that's an awesome site, great finds!
 
Great hunt....nice half cent....
 
Dang that half cent is superb, if you wind up giving it some sweet toothpick love I'm sure we'd all like to see how she looks.
 
very nice finds
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom