What's new

More Flat Buttons from the Early 1800s Farm

NorILdigcollector

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2015
Messages
268
Reaction score
1,172
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern IL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the 1830s farm site for a couple hours this afternoon and found some more flat buttons. The largest one I found is a match to three others I have found there in the past. I also found another round ball. I lost one of the flat buttons I found so I guess I'll have to go back again next week. This Farm is a little unusual from others I've dug at because I have only found three 1800s coins there but at least 15 flat buttons. I think the cube shaped piece of lead might have been a die since it is cube shaped but it is pretty beat up
20221106_212338.webp
20221106_212247.webp
20221106_211131.webp
 

Attachments

  • 20221106_212709.webp
    20221106_212709.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 141
Upvote 16
Love those buttons! Those are quite fancy compared to what we have found!
 
I found the button I lost yesterday in my junk pile. It looks like they had used silver to solder the loop on the back.

20221107_211716.webp


The other two matching buttons.
20221107_211746.webp

20221107_211853.webp


Here is my collection of buttons from this site; most of them flat buttons.
20221107_212409.webp
 
Went back to the 1830s farm site for a couple hours this afternoon and found some more flat buttons. The largest one I found is a match to three others I have found there in the past. I also found another round ball. I lost one of the flat buttons I found so I guess I'll have to go back again next week. This Farm is a little unusual from others I've dug at because I have only found three 1800s coins there but at least 15 flat buttons. I think the cube shaped piece of lead might have been a die since it is cube shaped but it is pretty beat upView attachment 2054204View attachment 2054205View attachment 2054206
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom