athousandhorseshoes

Tenderfoot
Jul 2, 2012
Walkersville, Md.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here's the total haul from 3 trips -- graders, pan excavators and bulldozers will soon seal the rest off for good, so I'm trying to save as much of this stuff as I can! hooks.jpg total haul.jpg Wal Mart silver.jpg coins.jpg

Upvote 29

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go hit it hard before its gone. You have a Civil War union eagle button, and two backs to the same type button. You also have a late colonial early 19th century button, civilian pattern. They were commonly used long after the colonial period as replacement buttons on just about anything. I also see a CW knapsack "J" hook and CW bullets there. You also have a lot of Sharps carbine bullets there and Colt pistol bullets, among others. Looks like a cavalry camp.

OP
OP
A

athousandhorseshoes

Tenderfoot
Jul 2, 2012
Walkersville, Md.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow Smokey -- You have some GOOD EYES!! I had to look at that Eagle button under a magnifying glass for a half an hour to figure out what it was (I was hoping it was a Connecticut button -- I found a beautiful one when the parcel next to this one was developed a few years ago). I realized the angle I took the photo from before missed one of my favorite parts of the haul -- what I think is part of a kepi buckle -- here's a close up of it: kepi buckle.jpg

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Assuming its brass it is a kepi buckle. The one larger iron buckle is from a knapsack. The one piece with two studs it in is a sword or knife hanger. Some type of clip. AKA a clippy thingie.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sickening to see places like that lost

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep hitting it before its gone. Looks like your doing well.

OP
OP
A

athousandhorseshoes

Tenderfoot
Jul 2, 2012
Walkersville, Md.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know jewelerguy --that's why I'm putting the word out to every detectorist I know anywhere close to Frederick Maryland to get out to this field -- it's not like a honey-hole that I'll have forever and want to guard -- I just want as much history saved as we can save!!

makarelic

Greenie
May 10, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happy to join you, live 5 min from the site. Can you p.m. me with details on how you were granted permission to hunt. Don't want to show up and find trouble, if you know what I mean? I'll buy you a shake from Chick-fil-A!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread