against the wind
Platinum Member
- Joined
- Jul 27, 2015
- Messages
- 24,896
- Reaction score
- 24,983
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
- Detector(s) used
- E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Yep, from shallow ground came a toasted V nickel with a barely visible 1890 date. It was accompanied by a 1936 Buffalo that was less than 3 inches deep. Another honorable mention goes to a 1917s wheat back that came up in good shape.
With only a few more days left in December, yesterday's hunt was a little stressful. I'm really trying to raise the bar on my 2015 silver coin count to 162. That number would double what I found last year but it was not meant to be. This year's Silver Coin Finds is stuck at 155.
Towards the close of my 5 hour hunt, the Silver Spirits felt sorry for me and gave up a 925 ring.
My finds for yesterday's hunt were: 16q, 29d, 16n, 27 memorials, 2 wheat pennies, (17s & 44), a toasted 1890 V Nickel, a 1936 Buffalo Nickle, and 1974 Canadian Penny.
I also recovered a junk amulet, hoop earring, belly ring, a pencil sharpener, a Transformer, and a 925 Ring.





With only a few more days left in December, yesterday's hunt was a little stressful. I'm really trying to raise the bar on my 2015 silver coin count to 162. That number would double what I found last year but it was not meant to be. This year's Silver Coin Finds is stuck at 155.
Towards the close of my 5 hour hunt, the Silver Spirits felt sorry for me and gave up a 925 ring.
My finds for yesterday's hunt were: 16q, 29d, 16n, 27 memorials, 2 wheat pennies, (17s & 44), a toasted 1890 V Nickel, a 1936 Buffalo Nickle, and 1974 Canadian Penny.
I also recovered a junk amulet, hoop earring, belly ring, a pencil sharpener, a Transformer, and a 925 Ring.





Upvote
14
You pulled a nice nickel trifecta.
I bet parks either fear you because you are going to raid them for their treasure or they appreciate that you are cleaning up after all those careless individuals that have dropped so much over the years. Thanks for all the emails.






