More from the buckles site

huntinghunter

Mar 26, 2009
Waynesboro, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
I am officially calling this spot "The Buckles Site"...

Thanks to all of you who voted banner on these finds, Mike and I feel this find is rare given our area we live in has been pounded hard over the last couple decades, It just goes to show its still out there and it keeps us on our feet and ever wondering when we will find it! :thumbsup:
This evenings finds were slim, but still were penetrating the soil, and its been a conversation piece since Sunday...The wreaths we believe may still be there, there is a heavily foilaged area we can't get into, without damaging, so we will keep searching around. The possibility of comming across more are there, pulled bullets, 2 buckles, seems like there may have been disarmment?
Here is what the ground gave up tonite...3 pcs of melted lead, 2 gardners, 1 round ball, a button (maybe 20's 0r 30's era), thimble, a 36 cal? It has 2 rings on it...We will let the ground sleep tomorrow, as rain is in the forcast and the skeeters are awful.

Attachments

• Our Finds June16 From Buckles Site.jpg
    Our Finds June16 From Buckles Site.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 385
  • My Finds From Buckles Site June16.jpg
    My Finds From Buckles Site June16.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 384
Upvote 0
You are right,the relics are still out there.It's just your coil has to pass over the target.
Congrats on some very nice CW relics

fortbball9

Keep at it! Since you found the buckles there, you KNOW that there is more
to be found!!! Good luck, not that you need it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back