More from the corner; with surprises

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Sore back today. Waited until late afternoon. My wife volunteered to run the shovel again. She must be good luck. We got a horse bit, some buckles and frames, a cockeye, a section of chain and several brass rivets. The 2nd photo is true horse jewelry; a leather strap with 9, crimped-on brass baubles. My first good bit and my first ever true harness decorations. This disposal site has taught me a lot. The signals there are getting scarce. It will end soon, I believe. Thanks for journeying with me. I appreciate the feedback, descriptions, etc.👍🏼

Attachments

• IMG_1773.jpeg
    IMG_1773.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1774.jpeg
    IMG_1774.jpeg
    1,020.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1775.jpeg
    IMG_1775.jpeg
    828.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
Sore back today. Waited until late afternoon. My wife volunteered to run the shovel again. She must be good luck. We got a horse bit, some buckles and frames, a cockeye, a section of chain and several brass rivets. The 2nd photo is true horse jewelry; a leather strap with 9, crimped-on brass baubles. My first good bit and my first ever true harness decorations. This disposal site has taught me a lot. The signals there are getting scarce. It will end soon, I believe. Thanks for journeying with me. I appreciate the feedback, descriptions, etc.👍🏼
Congrats BF!! The harness jewelry is truly something to behold.
congrats BF!!! The harness jewelry is truly something to behold. Wondering what the “beads” are made of. Regardless, beautiful finds.

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Congrats BF!! The harness jewelry is truly something to behold.

congrats BF!!! The harness jewelry is truly something to behold. Wondering what the “beads” are made of. Regardless, beautiful finds.
They appear to be little brass domes, hollow from the back. Here is a photo showing kind of how the back was formed. I haven’t removed any yet.

Attachments

• IMG_1777.jpeg
    IMG_1777.jpeg
    553.4 KB · Views: 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread