Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this in my Mystery House Journal but figured I'd post here too. Just the findings of a couple of short runs through the old homestead. More stove parts, nuts and bolts, bits of glass, a spoon, some random iron bits, and some larger pieces that I don't know what they are. The spoon handle and smashed bowl to it were in the same hole with the bent square nail and the two iron things right above it in the photo. Mixed signal that was really hard to pinpoint. No silver or gold yet, but I'm still diggin'.

IMG_2231.jpg

IMG_2230.jpg

Upvote 8
Lots of iron being dug, must be fairly close to a R/R as the spikes are a common find it seems at the homestead sites that are near tracks.
Which detector are you using?

My kind of hunts. I like the small bracket above the 2 square nuts. I have found a few of those. Not sure exactly what the use would have been. 👍🏼

My kind of hunts. I like the small bracket above the 2 square nuts. I have found a few of those. Not sure exactly what the use would have been. 👍🏼
I’m not sure either. It’s kinda neat, and not in bad shape. Kinda looks like something we might use to mount a small flag to the porch. But I doubt that’s what they used it for back then.

I don't know why, but I love those bent nails.

That bracket is part of a window shutter latch.

I posted this in my Mystery House Journal but figured I'd post here too. Just the findings of a couple of short runs through the old homestead. More stove parts, nuts and bolts, bits of glass, a spoon, some random iron bits, and some larger pieces that I don't know what they are. The spoon handle and smashed bowl to it were in the same hole with the bent square nail and the two iron things right above it in the photo. Mixed signal that was really hard to pinpoint. No silver or gold yet, but I'm still diggin'.

View attachment 2106408

View attachment 2106409
Nice!!! Congrats!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back