What's new

More harness items.

Blackfoot58

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2023
Messages
6,200
Reaction score
15,862
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Top row: metal strap with harness rivet attached (2nd one I’ve found) and a chunk of leather with iron rivets in it. Bottom row: buckle missing the tang, a brass harness rivet, a roller buckle with angled frame and a large harness ring. I’m going to post the rivet in another TNet forum with more info.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1447.webp
    IMG_1447.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1448.webp
    IMG_1448.webp
    783 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Top row: metal strap with harness rivet attached (2nd one I’ve found) and a chunk of leather with iron rivets in it. Bottom row: buckle missing the tang, a brass harness rivet, a roller buckle with angled frame and a large harness ring. I’m going to post the river in another TNet forum with more info.
Hey BF, does the harness ring look like wrought iron?
 
I have it soaking in vinegar. I believe it is wrought iron. Should be able to tell once corrosion is under control. Will go to electrolysis tank eventually.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom